Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? >

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

Old 01-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

Please add me to your list. I worked in my sewing room all day yesterday just trying to organize. I have so many projects started its embarrasing. Good news yesterday I did go to Joanns but only to buy thread. Walked out with just thread-thats a good thing.
This a.m. I started putting thing in order to see what needs to get done first.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:19 AM
jme

Originally Posted by zennia
Please add me to your list. I worked in my sewing room all day yesterday just trying to organize. I have so many projects started its embarrasing. Good news yesterday I did go to Joanns but only to buy thread. Walked out with just thread-thats a good thing.
That's a great thing, anytime I can go in there and not buy fabric I count it as a miracle!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:35 AM

Last friday of month sounds good to me
Old 01-03-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by zennia
zennia, welcome onboard! You're on the right path! And I can tell you're gonna be successful! We have to reach that place of disgust with ourselves for the miracle of transformation to take place. You've conquered Joann's- that's a huge step! Organizing is another huge step...it won't be long and you'll be posting your finished quilts for all of us to oooooh and ahhhh over!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Ok All here's an updated list of our members, so far there's 33 of us brave souls:
MaryAnna
S D G
Sadiemae
Cyn
Irishrose
Patty Patches
Sonisew
Patti Sue
Chigger Holler Quilter
leatheflea
Connie_1936
Kyiav10
Scissor Queen
manyana
Miss Purple Shoes
JulieM
michelehuston
CKcowl
Tolelady53
Sewwhat85
jaciqltzok
quiltinghere
kima
sueisallaboutquilts
Shawnemily
midwestqltr
omak
jme
Pdlink
LoveBug
Kateyb
montanajan
zennia

How does the last day (or last Friday night) of every month sound for an 'all night PJ party?' Or you can pick a better night, just let me know. we'll quilt away the night in comfort!

Blessings to all,
MaryAnna
Old 01-03-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by kima
Last friday of month sounds good to me
kima, I'm glad you're 'partying' with me! We don't have to stay up until break of dawn, just devote the whole evening to quilting as long as we can, of course in comfort! Fuzzy slippers, robes & all!I know I've got enough projects for quite a few 'all nighters'!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-03-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by omak
Big TIP!
Example: Before I started on anything else, I had two pairs of pants I needed to hem for one of my veterans. I have had them in my possession for ten days or more, and have just kept putting it off. Finally! On Saturday, I came up with a plan. I had a couple of boxes I had to go through just to get to the pants, finding a place for everything ... which I did.
Sunday morning, I knew I could not face that man one more time without his pants in hand, task completed. So, I got them out and ....
I had ALREADY hemmed them (about six months ago!) He had never even tried them on, and here he was bringing me two more pairs - - of course, when I apologized for making him wait so long for something that didn't need to be done in the first place - - he informed me that he must have grabbed the wrong pants. Oh, well - - I will be at the Post all day tomorrow, so he will bring them in in the morning and I will have them done the same day.
The TIP???
That job you have been procrastinating in - - every day you put off actually doing it, the job will grow in your mind until you are paralyzed, angry at yourself, and more reluctant to pick it up.
This has happened to me numerous times, and one would think I would learn! Perhaps by sharing my BIG TIP - - I will have saved someone else from their overactive imaginations and convince myself that I need to practice what I preach <g> <wave> I am now going to do a bit of organizing on my peg board and cut some triangles for my Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt ... the rest of the day I will be working the coupon program, and when that is done, I will begin sewing part 4 or 5 of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt (and, try to figure out where I put the strip quilt kit and sashing for Workday at the Post tomorrow) ... hopefully, I have enough tasks lined out today to keep me busy until nightfall <wave>
A great tip omak! Yes, I too have 'been there' myself! Not this year and never again! Let's get cracking...there are quilts to finish and sewing projects needing completion- or they might already be complete! Just face it all, organize it, and tackle it! and you know what?! While we're doing it, we're enjoying the quilting!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-05-2011, 02:42 PM

Last Friday is great for me!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

I am mad and glad at the same time. Last night while going through my UFO'S to see just what and how to organize them I came across a bag of blocks froma swap i was in at least three years ago. I started playin on my design board with them. Today I sewed the whole top except boarders together.
Glad I did it but mad it sat there so long. I am glad this is my year of finishing UFO'S.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:08 PM

Does mending for others count? I finished up a split seam in a sweater for a daughter, hole in good sheet (embroidered over it), tried to fix jeans pocket for grandson (broke 3 needles and stopped)...then I started a new set of mug rugs for Winter. (Somehow, I think I'm not quite on track yet)