Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? >

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

Old 01-06-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by omak
I have been working on the HST for the Bonnie Hunter mystery ... I will show pictures when I am totally caught up, but! I managed to add something to one of my WIP .... actually ... I did have a full little jar, but with these new dog ears, I have had to upsize - - thankfully, DD had a pumpkin glass jar for the project.
omak, love the 'home decor' project! Great idea....I'm thinking about all those Christmas fabric scraps, great use for them! I've got Bonnie's Carolina Christmas mystery quilt on my 'to do list', so maybe after I'm done with ufo's, wips, pigs, etc, I will tackle that one! I love Bonnie, and I love her scrappy quilts.
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-06-2011, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by sonisew
Last Friday of every month sounds good
Alright sonisew, we'll par-tay away the night, in pj's,robes, fuzzy slippers, and of course...our quilts!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-06-2011, 01:26 PM

Hi...I caved in and purchased more fabs...just can't stop myself! But....I did get what I want to be able to put the border on one of my UFO's! Will wonders never cease? Now to get it done. I have a lot of other things in the works, but it's near the top of the quilting 'to do' list. Thanks for the encouragement! So, gang, how are the rest of you doing?
Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
Hi...I caved in and purchased more fabs...just can't stop myself! But....I did get what I want to be able to put the border on one of my UFO's! Will wonders never cease? Now to get it done. I have a lot of other things in the works, but it's near the top of the quilting 'to do' list. Thanks for the encouragement! So, gang, how are the rest of you doing?
Hey Chigger Holler Quilter! Purchasing fabric to complete ufo's is ok, I'll have to do that myself. But the purchasing fabric, just to be buying fabric is what we're trying to avoid. But as long as you're getting projects done, that's what counts!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 PM

I'm a bit late to the game, but I'd like to join this project. I didn't see this thread until today, or I'd have joined earlier.

I'm totally unsure exactly how many UFO or WIP's I have as they are scattered all over the house. But here's what I need to work on in the immediate foreseeable future.

daughter's lap quilt - borders and then quilting etc.
her boyfriends lap quilt: sandwich and quilt
kingsize 30's repro quilt - fabric bought and some of it cut
queensize 30's repro quilt: all cut and some blocks are done
tablerunner/placements (8) for sister-in-law: pattern and fabric all bought
Christmas row-by-row: fabric bought
2 large size tote bags: both are cut
5 pillow cases - fabric all cut
mug mats and napkins: fabric all bought
nautical wall hanging: kit

I'm sure there are several others, but those are the ones I can think of at the moment. I'll try to come up with a better list. I have no excuses as I have all the time in the world to sew.

Nancy
Old 01-06-2011, 10:51 PM

I guess I need to start a list and then update it as I go along, right????
1) The Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt
2) nine patch something or other in that box up on the fourth shelf
3) Bob's quilt (which isn't really Bob's, but it was going to be so until I find another veteran for it, it is called Bob's Quilt) out in the car
4) String quilt at the Post
5) 4 baby quilts completed for my summer kids' class
6) I found some kind of quilt in a baggie over by the sewing machine that I didn't even know I had :|
7) The 2.5" scrap quilt in the box on the heater
8) Dunster's log cabin diamond quilt
9) Brother's quilt to be boxed up and mailed (but, first I have to figure out if I am going to put a label on it, and then I have to get a picture taken - - decisions, decisions!
10) ????? Don't know how many quilts in the containers in the house that need to be quilted , oh, goodness! ....
11) SIL IRR2 quilt
12) Brother's IRR2 quilt
13) Mom's quilt
14) complete the quilt that is on the frame for the Senior Center
15) the five baby quilts to be quilted for Operation Stork
16) The Indian quilt I started last year to help someone on the Board figure out the pattern

that should get me started, eh? <g> Almost every one of those quilts are into tops already. A couple of them are actually individual blocks waiting for their settings.
I know from experience - - once I start moving, staying on the move is not hard.
this list is a great encourager <wave>
Old 01-07-2011, 07:47 PM

Ok All here's an updated list of our members, so far there's 34 of us brave souls:
MaryAnna
S D G
Sadiemae
Cyn
Irishrose
Patty Patches
Sonisew
Patti Sue
Chigger Holler Quilter
leatheflea
Connie_1936
Kyiav10
Scissor Queen
manyana
Miss Purple Shoes
JulieM
michelehuston
CKcowl
Tolelady53
Sewwhat85
jaciqltzok
quiltinghere
kima
sueisallaboutquilts
Shawnemily
midwestqltr
omak
jme
Pdlink
LoveBug
Kateyb
montanajan
zennia
shawnan

How does the last day (or last Friday night) of every month sound for an 'all night PJ party?' Or you can pick a better night, just let me know. we'll quilt away the night in comfort!

Blessings to all,
MaryAnna

Another update!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by shawnan
I'm a bit late to the game, but I'd like to join this project. I didn't see this thread until today, or I'd have joined earlier.

I'm totally unsure exactly how many UFO or WIP's I have as they are scattered all over the house. But here's what I need to work on in the immediate foreseeable future.

daughter's lap quilt - borders and then quilting etc.
her boyfriends lap quilt: sandwich and quilt
kingsize 30's repro quilt - fabric bought and some of it cut
queensize 30's repro quilt: all cut and some blocks are done
tablerunner/placements (8) for sister-in-law: pattern and fabric all bought
Christmas row-by-row: fabric bought
2 large size tote bags: both are cut
5 pillow cases - fabric all cut
mug mats and napkins: fabric all bought
nautical wall hanging: kit

I'm sure there are several others, but those are the ones I can think of at the moment. I'll try to come up with a better list. I have no excuses as I have all the time in the world to sew.

Nancy
Welcome shawnan (Nancy)! by the looks of your list, you've come to the right spot! It never ceases to amaze me how these projects just seem to appear and then multiply!LOL!

But it's easy peasy to get things done...and you're on the right track already! Get a list, organize your projects - I think the 'fast finishes' should be first to be done. So your quilts in need of binding would be first, then those ready for sandwiching & quilting, etc....you get the idea.

You've got some interesting projects...don't forget to post pix!

Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by omak
I guess I need to start a list and then update it as I go along, right????
1) The Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt
2) nine patch something or other in that box up on the fourth shelf
3) Bob's quilt (which isn't really Bob's, but it was going to be so until I find another veteran for it, it is called Bob's Quilt) out in the car
4) String quilt at the Post
5) 4 baby quilts completed for my summer kids' class
6) I found some kind of quilt in a baggie over by the sewing machine that I didn't even know I had :|
7) The 2.5" scrap quilt in the box on the heater
8) Dunster's log cabin diamond quilt
9) Brother's quilt to be boxed up and mailed (but, first I have to figure out if I am going to put a label on it, and then I have to get a picture taken - - decisions, decisions!
10) ????? Don't know how many quilts in the containers in the house that need to be quilted , oh, goodness! ....
11) SIL IRR2 quilt
12) Brother's IRR2 quilt
13) Mom's quilt
14) complete the quilt that is on the frame for the Senior Center
15) the five baby quilts to be quilted for Operation Stork
16) The Indian quilt I started last year to help someone on the Board figure out the pattern

that should get me started, eh? <g> Almost every one of those quilts are into tops already. A couple of them are actually individual blocks waiting for their settings.
I know from experience - - once I start moving, staying on the move is not hard.
this list is a great encourager <wave>
omak, I just had to chuckle a bit....you've got projects everywhere, in a baggie by the sewing machine, out in the car, etc. yes a list helps keep track and 'scratching' them off the list is an encourager in and of itself!
You'll knock 'em out in no time!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 PM

I have heard that having a group of accountability can help a lot.
We shall see <g> I can be pretty persuasive as I slick past things without doing what I was supposed to do <wave>