Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
This is how I spent my snow day; how did you spend yours? >

This is how I spent my snow day; how did you spend yours?

This is how I spent my snow day; how did you spend yours?

Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM

Thanks for all the comments. The day has certainly passed fast.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:59 PM

What nice work! Loved them!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:01 PM

Very nice! Hoping for a snow day on Wednesday. I'm trying to figure out a wedding quilt for a July wedding.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

No real snow here, yet. Saying we are to get 2-4" at least. Most to come in overnight.

All are very pretty, you are so fast.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
Very nice! Hoping for a snow day on Wednesday. I'm trying to figure out a wedding quilt for a July wedding.
What kind of wedding quilt? I have some some wedding ring acrylic templates that I plan to list for sale when I get around to it (still have a square to it, LOL). They make a 15" ring.

Or were you just looking for a pattern?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:14 PM

Hi Quilting Addict: My mother's side of the family is from Winder/Statham area. Still have relatives there. We lived in College Park, GA and used to drive up 29 near Bethlehem to get to Statham to visit my grandmother and other relatives. Hope you enjoyed the snow. Be careful walking in it. Bet the bread was good.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:24 PM

Bread was just ok!! I didn't let it rise enough the second time...but, even heavy bread is delicious when it's homemade! I can't believe it's melting somewhere is GA because at my house it's nothing but crunchy non-melting snow!! I've played on here too long looking for funky rooster applique patterns and now it's time for football!!
Sandra G,
Stay safe in Newnan!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:29 PM

I guess I goofed off! LOL. I just made beef stew, from scratch buiscits and peach shortcake for our shut in elderly neighbors. Here in west Tn we got 6" of snow and more coming tonight.I was afraid if we lost power our elderly neighbors would go without a meal. Dh delivered them at supper time.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by joyceelaine1951
I guess I goofed off! LOL. I just made beef stew, from scratch buiscits and peach shortcake for our shut in elderly neighbors. Here in west Tn we got 6" of snow and more coming tonight.I was afraid if we lost power our elderly neighbors would go without a meal. Dh delivered them at supper time.
Sounds yummy to me. I know they enjoyed it and it was nice of you to think of them.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by purrfectquilts
I spent my snow day making fleece blankets with appliques and finishing up a quilt for a missionary at church.

For those of you who asked for details with the pictures, I trimmed the fleece evenly and did the corners by cutting around a stainless steel bowl. Then I just used scraps to make a variety of appliqued shapes ... heavy on the hearts because I had a new Kaye Wood View and Do shape to try out. The edges were turned under 3/8" (the width of my presser foot) with no measuring or pinning and sewn in most cases with a blanket stitch and thread as close to the right color as I had.

The green ones are for a baby and I bound one with Winnie the Pooh fabric and appliqued the other with different hearts ... fussy cut.

The dark pink one is a quillow. Opens up into a blanket or folds into a pillow.

The church quilt is all scraps and meant to be Tuscan colors. The missionaries are usually, but not always men and the church gives a quilt to each missionary that comes to the mission conference in early February.

I washed all of them so that there would be no harmful residue for children or babies and so that the church quilt would look more old-timey.
Beautiful quilts! What is the name of the pattern you used on the Missionary quilt? It rocks, but I'm not familiar with the pattern.

Today, I decided it was time to deal with the laundry, so I folded and put all the clean clothes away that accumulated last week while I was working on my postage stamp quilt.

And yes, I spent a couple of hours cutting 1.75" strips to cut them across 35 at a time. I got two groups of 35 different strips cut crosswise 1.75" 22x35x2= 1,520 squares.
It's a lot of work, but it also means that when I collect enough different squares, I can make a rather large charm postage stamp quilt, and if all the squares are cut, I can make 22 charm-type couch potato covers without cutting another square! That's the good days if you're addicted to postage stamp quilts...

Keep up the good work. Your plush quilts are real cuties.