Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 01-24-2011, 03:58 AM

Down 2.8 pounds after a slight gain last week. Unfortunately, no time to make blocks. I will have to sew in the spring!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:32 PM

Well, I've been pretty much staying even. I had my doctor's appointment and he wasn't happy that I didn't lose any weight. Based on his scale (and being mid-afternoon), it showed I gained. He has given me 3 months to lose some weight. So now I have to really get serious.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:38 PM

I went and the Dr's scale said I had gained a whole lot more than mine had also. I am really getting mad at myself. Mostly because I know I can do this. I think I am just being lazy.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Come on you all we can do this.
I think the colder weather slows our matabilisms(sp)down and makes it harder to lose weight. Anyway that is what they said on the news tonight. I believe it tho because I haven't lost anything this month and December wasn't any better. I was losing about 5 pounds a month every month.
I think if we hang in there when the weather warms up the weight will start dropping.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:01 AM

I started taking Prednisone for my tendonitis, and it is helping, but I feel like a balloon! I really need to get this old body moving, but until the sun shines again it will be difficult. Winter is NOT my favorite season. I love a white Christmas but then I'm DONE!!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Come on you all we can do this.
I think the colder weather slows our matabilisms(sp)down and makes it harder to lose weight. Anyway that is what they said on the news tonight. I believe it tho because I haven't lost anything this month and December wasn't any better. I was losing about 5 pounds a month every month.
I think if we hang in there when the weather warms up the weight will start dropping.
So true! We always to seem to put on a little "insulation" here in MN. I sure could use some sunshine too! The scene out my front window could be in black in white. Absolutely no color when it's this cold with cloud cover. I can deal with the cold most days but this stuff way below zero that we had last week is too much. Glad to say we are above zero again and I'm walking to and from work this week. Hope everyone has a good February!!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:23 AM

I sure could use some sunshine too! The scene out my front window could be in black in white. Absolutely no color when it's this cold with cloud cover. I can deal with the cold most days but this stuff way below zero that we had last week is too much. Glad to say we are above zero again and I'm walking to and from work this week. Hope everyone has a good February!![/quote]

While you are freezing your ?????? there, in Adelaide on Saturday it will be 39 degrees C. From one extreme to the other.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:38 AM

I think for some reason I have been kicked off this thread. I have not gotten any updates for a long time. Maybe because I have not sent any messages.
I am now back.
My weight loss for this week is .8. My total is over 25 pounds which takes me past the half way point.
Since the holidays I have been struggling and have only lost .2-.8 per week. I need to keep my head on task. This week I will be back on course.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by pamdux
I went and the Dr's scale said I had gained a whole lot more than mine had also. I am really getting mad at myself. Mostly because I know I can do this. I think I am just being lazy.
Don't get mad at yourself that is negative. Just tell yourself that you can do this and you are doing this.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:01 AM

Thanks