Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
If I go missing for awhile you'll know why....... >

If I go missing for awhile you'll know why.......

If I go missing for awhile you'll know why.......

Old 02-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Originally Posted by barnbum
Okay--tell me--the uninformed more! It's a Bernina?? Does it do both embroidery and quilt? What are the special features that make it to drool over? I guess I could look it up somewhere, but it's more fun to hear it from all of you!! :lol: Congrats! New machines are so much fun! Giggle while you sew!
LoL, I've been giggling since I left the store yesterday. :)

The 820 is Bernina's biggest machine but it's the one without the embroidery. The 830 is the embroidery one. I can't begin to tell you all it does (because I don't even know yet!) but it has 12" of throat space and can sew something like 1,100 stitches per minute (that's supposed to help with the machine keeping up with your FMQ'ing speed). It has all sorts of nifty (but unnecessary) features like real auto needle threading (literally, I push one button and the machine goes through this whole sequence and ta-da, threaded needle!). There's 28 quilting stitches and 234 decorative stitches plus button holes, which I intend to use at some point, though I never used them on my 440. :P There's a million ways you can customize the settings and again though unnecessary, it's so very fun. You can even program a message for the machine to show on screen during it's warm up cycle. (Okay, so you've been able to do that on cell phones for a long time, but not on sewing machines! :P )

Anyways, mainly I wanted it for the extra throat space which I could have got with the Janome Horizon at a cheaper price but I really love my Bernina dealer and wasn't at all crazy about the local dealer that sells Janomes (and other brands). A few other minor things (placement of bobbin and speed control) sealed my decision. (Disclaimer: not at all saying anything bad about Janomes. I know they're wonderful machines. What I wanted in a machine just happened to be available in the Bernina, but it doesn't mean I think less of the Janome.)
You forgot the giant bobbin! I wish I had one just for that and the extra space in the throat. My biggest pet peeve about fmq quilting is that the bobbin runs out too fast and usually at an inopportune time!
Old 02-05-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Originally Posted by barnbum
Okay--tell me--the uninformed more! It's a Bernina?? Does it do both embroidery and quilt? What are the special features that make it to drool over? I guess I could look it up somewhere, but it's more fun to hear it from all of you!! :lol: Congrats! New machines are so much fun! Giggle while you sew!
LoL, I've been giggling since I left the store yesterday. :)

The 820 is Bernina's biggest machine but it's the one without the embroidery. The 830 is the embroidery one. I can't begin to tell you all it does (because I don't even know yet!) but it has 12" of throat space and can sew something like 1,100 stitches per minute (that's supposed to help with the machine keeping up with your FMQ'ing speed). It has all sorts of nifty (but unnecessary) features like real auto needle threading (literally, I push one button and the machine goes through this whole sequence and ta-da, threaded needle!). There's 28 quilting stitches and 234 decorative stitches plus button holes, which I intend to use at some point, though I never used them on my 440. :P There's a million ways you can customize the settings and again though unnecessary, it's so very fun. You can even program a message for the machine to show on screen during it's warm up cycle. (Okay, so you've been able to do that on cell phones for a long time, but not on sewing machines! :P )

Anyways, mainly I wanted it for the extra throat space which I could have got with the Janome Horizon at a cheaper price but I really love my Bernina dealer and wasn't at all crazy about the local dealer that sells Janomes (and other brands). A few other minor things (placement of bobbin and speed control) sealed my decision. (Disclaimer: not at all saying anything bad about Janomes. I know they're wonderful machines. What I wanted in a machine just happened to be available in the Bernina, but it doesn't mean I think less of the Janome.)
Thanks!! It sounds like she deserves a name. :-D
Old 02-05-2011, 05:34 PM

Wow! Lucky you!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41 PM

I envy you- it's a great machine!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:56 PM

Whoa, nice machine! Have fun playing but don't forget to water & feed yourself!
Maureen
Old 02-05-2011, 05:58 PM

WOW nice present!! I have the QE440 and the 1090. Can't afford anymore.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:23 PM

You are a lucky girl. This model came out about two months after I bought my Artista 730. I would have liked that bigger model for machine quilting. It's pretty tight with the smaller arm but I do like my machine. Have fun and will look forward to all of the beautiful quilt pictures you post. :)
Old 02-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Doing the happy dance for you. I have the same Bernina and love her.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:33 PM

OOOOOOOooooooo AHHHHhhhhhh!!!! Very Lucky girl have fun!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kas
You forgot the giant bobbin! I wish I had one just for that and the extra space in the throat. My biggest pet peeve about fmq quilting is that the bobbin runs out too fast and usually at an inopportune time!
I did forget that not so minor feature! The bobbin is HUGE and I'm really not sure if I'll need to refill it again this year. :lol: Honestly though, I know I'll absolutely love FMQ'ing with less bobbin refill breaks.