Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-) >

Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

Old 02-06-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Beautiful blocks everyone!! Keep up the great work.

I also just want to post a reminder that when returning blocks the postage should be at least $0.64. Completed blocks will not mail for the same price as an F8 and we do not want anyone to have to pay postage due :-)

Thanks everyone and I hopre you are all having fun!

Hugs
April
Please anyone who has had to pay postage on envelopes that I have sent Pm me and I will make it right also. I know that postage is the deciding factor for some people participating in these swaps and I certainly don't want to be the cause of someone not being able to join in the fun.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:25 PM

I received a new block yesterday from Kristen0112.

I am LOVING the polka dots!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131508[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-131503.jpe
Views:	12
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	131508  
Old 02-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
I received a new block yesterday from Kristen0112.
I am glad you like it and I am surprisesd how quickly it got to you with all that bad weather in the middle states...
Old 02-06-2011, 06:05 PM

I also just want to post a reminder that when returning blocks the postage should be at least $0.64. Completed blocks will not mail for the same price as an F8 and we do not want anyone to have to pay postage due :-)

Hugs
April
I've taken all mine in to be weighed prior to mailing. Most have been $0.64 but I've had a few at $0.44. I even asked the clerk if that was right and got a little attitude (imagine my surprise LOL)
Old 02-06-2011, 06:05 PM

Hugs
April
I've taken all mine in to be weighed prior to mailing. Most have been $0.64 but I've had a few at $0.44. I even asked the clerk if that was right and got a little attitude (imagine my surprise LOL)
Old 02-06-2011, 06:09 PM

I have paid from $.66 to $1.38 for the ones I sent out. Depends on who touchs the envelope and decides if its "bulky" or not *rolls eyes*.

I've gotten a couple with just as varied postage on them. I have gotten a few though that only had $.44 on them :)I haven't had to pay any postage due.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:12 PM

My next-door neighbor is our postmaster in Forest Falls, and he said it's not the weight as much as it is the puffiness. If it's squeeezzeeedd flat, it can go for .44. But all the squeezing in the world doesn't work, usually - the laws of physics make the bulky seams "suck" in more air even after you've squeezed it out, and it gets puffy again. Then it's too thick to get through the first class small envelope window and has to go through the large envelope slot. That's more postage.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cyndi H
My next-door neighbor is our postmaster in Forest Falls, and he said it's not the weight as much as it is the puffiness. If it's squeeezzeeedd flat, it can go for .44. But all the squeezing in the world doesn't work, usually - the laws of physics make the bulky seams "suck" in more air even after you've squeezed it out, and it gets puffy again. Then it's too thick to get through the first class small envelope window and has to go through the large envelope slot. That's more postage.
And, horror of horrors!! Some of my fat 8s last swap got ripped up because the envie didn't go thro the postal cancelling machine well. If it's too fat to go thro w/out catching on something in the machine, the envie gets ripped. Sometimes it's still intact & gets delivered, other times...who knows?? [I was told my biggest problem was the peel & stick envelopes that I used did not seal at the outer edges, leaving a little flap for the machine to catch on! Gr-rrr!!!!!]

I also just found out that just adding additional postage for the puffiness - as I was told to do at the window of the PO substation - does NOT mean it won't go thro the machine anyway! - even tho you're paying the extra. It must be hand cancelled at the window!
Sad but true, that not all employees - especially at substations - know all the rules & regulations of the PO! :-( :thumbdown:

I know the postage can really rack up fast, but from now on I'll glady pay the extra so my envie gets delivered whole! w/out the reicipient paying extra for it!

(& if anyone has had to, PM me so I can make it right!)
Old 02-06-2011, 06:26 PM

I got DH to take my first completed blocks to the post office to make sure of the postage. They told me $.44 - $.61 for one block, so I've been putting $.61 stamps on them. I can't remember the exact amount offhand for two finished blocks (in the same envelope), but two $.61 stamps were enough to cover it ... at least according to them. Sometimes I even put three $.61 stamps, just in case.

If anyone ended up having to pay postage due despite the rates I was given, let me know and I'll reimburse you.

FWIW, I haven't received any that had postage due.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:30 PM

I worked on blocks today, hope to do an update soon. If you have any questions about my attached note to my f8s I would lovde for you each to sign the block that you make for me on the front right side or anyplace tht it might be seen. Thanks for you that have signed the ones I have received, it makes it very special to me. Ellie

Raya69