Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2011 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From >

January 2011 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

January 2011 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Old 02-11-2011, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by AngieS
Here's the quilt that I sent to Janetlmt. She said her camera battery was dead. I got the ribbon fabric from mbogenpohl-she was very sweet and sent me some. :)

This was my first doll quilt and I was really worried about it looking ok. Janet has been such a sweet person to me. She is my adopted Mom. :) So.....here's what I sent to her. It's definately nothing near what she sent to me!!

Angie
Angie,
Thank you so much for posting this picture. This morning..I finally got my camera in working order. The quilt you sent me is wonderful..thank you so much. I have rearranged my sewing room and it is going to hang right above my sewing cabinet.
Here is the special label that she put on the back.
Peace and Blessings,
Janet
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-150827.jpe
Views:	78
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	150832  
Old 02-11-2011, 06:46 AM

Janet you are the sweetest person! I hope that everything is going well for you. I am so blessed to have met you on here. Thanks for being so kind to me and adopting me as your daughter. :) I need to send you pictures of your grandkids now-right? :thumbup:

If anyone gets to swap with Janet I tell you she fabulous! She does awesome quilting and is just an awesome person.

Hugs Janet!!!!!!!! :XD:
Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 AM

Janet you are the sweetest person! I hope that everything is going well for you. I am so blessed to have met you on here. Thanks for being so kind to me and adopting me as your daughter. :) I need to send you pictures of your grandkids now-right? :thumbup:

If anyone gets to swap with Janet I tell you she fabulous! She does awesome quilting and is just an awesome person.

I would love to have a picture of my other grandkids...they can play with my granddaughter Chloe.
Hugs
Old 02-11-2011, 09:12 AM

Here is the quilt I sent to mbogenpohl. The cows and fruits and vegies are self-explanatory. The guitar is for Buck Owens, who passed away a couple of years ago, and was a Bakersfield native son. He owned a country music club here for many years, and a country music radio station. He was a beloved member of our community. He would present country music stars with a red/white/blue guitar the first time they did a concert here. It was a really nice tradition he started many years ago. Also Merle Haggard is from Bakersfield, and has a ranch near here.

Name:	Attachment-157441.jpe
Views:	78
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	157446  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Here's the quilt I sent to Ms. Shawn. P.O. seems to have swallowed hers up! Still hoping it will come.
Dotty, that is a very nice quilt. I would love to see a close up view of it. It looks like there is a lot of detail in it that I can't quite see. Ooops, I guess it is not in 'your' hands anymore... oh well. :-D :-D
Old 02-11-2011, 10:05 AM

Thank you-
I'm sorry I did not photograph it better. For me & you!
It is loaded with sequins & beads. I could not find the right
print to signify all the people who make up the City, so I put lights in the windows!! This swap actually lead me to make NYC pieces!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Jljack, I love your quilt, I also loved Buck Owens.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:28 PM

I have to say, I totally agree, she is a wonderful swap partner, sweet as can be!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:31 PM

I've just scrolled back through to see what I missed, and WOW! Those are some awesome quilts!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:34 PM

I've missed so many wonderful quilts too!! I've been so busy, this is the first time I've been able to take a look at all the eye candy!!
AngieS and jljack I love your quilts!
Here is a picture of the one I sent to my partner rehrensberger. She has been so busy with work...so I thought I'd put a picture up. It was fun making a quilt for her. She is a super sweet lady!!

Name:	Attachment-115937.jpe
Views:	77
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	115942