Paper Piecing illustrations >

Paper Piecing illustrations

Paper Piecing illustrations

Old 09-05-2007, 12:05 PM

http://quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html

Go to the bottom of the page and click on the "blank paper piecing templates."
Old 09-05-2007, 12:39 PM
lin

Steve, I used to use computer paper, but found it didn't come loose as good as thin tracing paper, so that's all I'll use now. It goes through my printer with no problems at all. I can put one copy of my pattern on there and make as many as I want. It's probably a little more expensive, but it really saves time because the tracing paper tends to rip off without having to use tweezers to get the little bits left behind. Have fun with this. I think you're gonna like it. And I'm quite sure you'll be good at it in no time. Haven't seen anything yet you haven't pretty much mastered first time around. :D
Old 09-05-2007, 02:14 PM

goofed here, never mind
Old 09-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

Is this the pattern you are looking for Steve?

http://www.quilterscache.com/StartQuiltingPages/startquiltingthree.html
Old 09-05-2007, 10:44 PM

Thanks for the links ladies. I will give it a try if I can this weekend. I've promised myself to finish a couple of projects first and then watch out! It looks fun. :D
Old 09-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Administrator

lin ... which brand of tracing paper do you use and where do you get it? i've wanted for some time to switch to tracing paper but haven't found any "in person" i knew for sure would go through my printer.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:46 AM
lin

Patrice, I use Loew Cornell tracing paper. I think I found it at Office Depot maybe? I can't remember for sure now. But I'd think any office supply could offer you a good tracing paper. This one goes through my printer nicely. Hope you can find some that works for you.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:52 AM

Lin - does your tracing paper curl when you iron the paper pieced block as you add sections?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:27 AM
lin

Yes, a little bit, but not enough to bother me. I don't press too long though. Just long enough to set the seam. It sure rips off easily though! Actually, I found that it doesn't curl much more than the computer paper did.

I also got a huge roll of "examine table" paper from my chiropractor (who is also a quilting friend LOL) because they'd sent her the wrong kind and it's thin like the tracing paper and I've used it too! Works like a charm. Only problem is (and I'm going to admit how lazy I can be now LOL!!) I have to cut it into paper size sheets to get it in the printer. Golden Threads quilting paper works too, but like the other, it's too wide so it has to be cut to fit my printer. Works in a pinch though! :)
Old 09-07-2007, 09:51 AM

Wow, I can't believe the ease (with just a few things to remember) of this process. I agree with Yvonne and others who have said it, anyone that can sew a straight line and follow instructions should have little if no problems paper piecing. Thank you so much Yvonne, you've added a new tool to the shed. I'll go ahead and make up a nice block this weekend in between finishing other projects and post it. Yay!!! :D
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-53158.jpe
Views:	103
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	53158