Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt and chocoaholic don't mix >

quilt and chocoaholic don't mix

quilt and chocoaholic don't mix

Old 02-13-2011, 10:25 AM

The one thing you have to remember is that hot water SETS IN chocolate stains. You must use cold. OxyClean is what I would try first. Good Luck.

Darren
Old 02-13-2011, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by new user
I never seen so many women that like chocolate. I guess I'm an off bread, cause I don't care for chocolate. Some of my women friends say they crave it.
LOL!!! I am the most addicted to chocolate person I know. My chocolate stash goes down quicker than the fabric stash. If I run low, my husband has to get me some when he's out! (He gets it because he hunts for good deals. Gets more chocolate that way.) With this said, bread is a wonderful comfort food! Love it, but I stay away from it since I would eat more bread than I do chocolate!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by dixiechunk
That's why I prefer dark chocolate M&Ms.
Mmmmmm!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:24 AM

Not a chocolate eater but you bet on the bread, I dearly love bread, can make a meal on it. So have to fight to stay away from it.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:55 AM

Shout I dribbled choco syrup down the front of my favorite white cotton blouse and it took it out a week later I had to do lab work bled like a stuck pig -same blouse and I sprayed shout on it not thinking it would work my favorite blouse is good as new.I now buy it by the big jug.Anyone can tell what my daily menu has been :-P :lol:
Old 02-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchit 123
Shout I dribbled choco syrup down the front of my favorite white cotton blouse and it took it out a week later I had to do lab work bled like a stuck pig -same blouse and I sprayed shout on it not thinking it would work my favorite blouse is good as new.I now buy it by the big jug.Anyone can tell what my daily menu has been :-P :lol:
That was so funny
Old 02-13-2011, 12:06 PM

There may be some validity in licking the stain. Saliva will loosen protein stains so it might work on chocolate. Would try it on scrap fabric first.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by alica1367
Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
yea - can't quilt without my chocolate - love those Hershey kisses - but... somehow some of the kiss missed my mouth and later discovered where it went - on the quilt I was working on - yep and you guessed it - not on the black fabric in the quilt but on the white! So - what would you use to get chocolate out?
There's a product out called grandma's secret spot remover. Eleanor Burns advertises that it gets out chocolate. You can get it on her web site and I've seen it at LQS.
Our Hobby Lobby carries it -- in the fabric department. It's usually on display at the cutting table. And definitely don't use any heat on it til it's all gone. Good luck!
Old 02-13-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
yea - can't quilt without my chocolate - love those Hershey kisses - but... somehow some of the kiss missed my mouth and later discovered where it went - on the quilt I was working on - yep and you guessed it - not on the black fabric in the quilt but on the white! So - what would you use to get chocolate out?
the secret here....m&m's .... remember they are the food of choice for quilting :) ...not just for chatting w/friends/quilters on pc!!!!! lollollollol
Old 02-13-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by mighty
Originally Posted by nena
Ok everyone is laughing about licking it... But do you know if you get "you're" blood on your quilt and you use you own
saliva it will come out?
Didn't know that is very interesting. I have poked myself and gotten blood on project, I will try this, Sorry, I am still laughing because this is probably the first thing I would have done with the chocolate so no one would know I was munching LOL.
that is because the enzymes in our saliva breakdown the proteins in the blood....half strength hydrogen peroxide works too....used to use in on my white uniforms all the time...it breaks or 'lyses' the red blood cells