Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt and chocoaholic don't mix >

quilt and chocoaholic don't mix

quilt and chocoaholic don't mix

Old 02-13-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by roguequilter
Originally Posted by mighty
Originally Posted by nena
Ok everyone is laughing about licking it... But do you know if you get "you're" blood on your quilt and you use you own
saliva it will come out?
Didn't know that is very interesting. I have poked myself and gotten blood on project, I will try this, Sorry, I am still laughing because this is probably the first thing I would have done with the chocolate so no one would know I was munching LOL.
that is because the enzymes in our saliva breakdown the proteins in the blood....half strength hydrogen peroxide works too....used to use in on my white uniforms all the time...it breaks or 'lyses' the red blood cells
Peroxide is safer, as it stops "working" on the fabric after a short while, versus the saliva, which has bacteria (in addition to the enzymes), which continue to eat away at the fabric. Have you ever seen a child's pillow months or years after they've drooled on it? Not pretty! Either way, I'd suggest any solution used to clean or erase blood/ stains, that you rinse (blot it w/ a damp cotton ball or absorbent cloth) afterwards & air dry thoroughly.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:47 PM

Soak in cold water, then what ever is left, use a pretreatment like shout or the tide stick. Then wash it in the best water for the colors. That's what my machine says anyway. I eat gum drops and jelly beans, less mess. LOL
Old 02-13-2011, 12:50 PM

WHITE TOOTHPASTE
Old 02-13-2011, 12:51 PM

Tide works well for me on almost everything. Dampen the spot, pour on enough to cover the spot, let sit a little while before washing. This has even worked on spots that have been washed once.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Magdalena
Originally Posted by AnnieH
Lick it?
HA HA HA - :-P
That sounds funny but I know you can remove your blood from fabric with your own saliva. Made wedding dressed for years and of course you never bleed unless you are working on white! Don't know if it works on chocolate though!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieH
Lick it?
I like your idea best, if it works or not it would be yummy :D
Old 02-13-2011, 03:41 PM

Love my chocolate too, but I usually do jelly beans in the sewing room. They only stain if the drop out of your mouth. And I have quit taking my coffee cup into the sewing room too.
I keep a bottle of Grandma's secret spot remover handy now. It's amazing stuff.
Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
yea - can't quilt without my chocolate - love those Hershey kisses - but... somehow some of the kiss missed my mouth and later discovered where it went - on the quilt I was working on - yep and you guessed it - not on the black fabric in the quilt but on the white! So - what would you use to get chocolate out?
Old 02-13-2011, 04:11 PM

I'm wondering if one of the Tide stain spotter pens would work??? I don't think it would harm the fabric since you use it on clothing.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:16 PM

ah they melt too.............
Old 02-13-2011, 04:16 PM

[

There's a product out called grandma's secret spot remover. Eleanor Burns advertises that it gets out chocolate. You can get it on her web site and I've seen it at LQS.[/quote]

I would use the grandma's you can get it everywhere even at wallgreens I've seen it get out stuff that I would have thrown out the clothes before I found this stuff.