Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today >

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

Old 02-16-2011, 02:08 PM

Last Grandma,, lovely, great colors &love you used the gold thread!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by LastGrandma
Originally Posted by Surfergirl
This is my first attempt at applique'. I chose to use the machine method. I enjoyed doing this block and, hopefully, my technique will improve.

Lynn from Florida
I love your red center block...I am not that bold in my color choices yet...Great job of appliqueing!
Thank You!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Originally Posted by dream56
Last Grandma - you did a great job.
Very nicely done indeed. Hey Dee (Dream56) I don't see your picture up here yet....how about a progress update?

For those of you who didn't know, I was partnered with Dream56 in a swap. She made me the most wonderful and gorgeous tote bag and we got to know each other. of course that means I get to bug her now that she's here too. (grins) She kept me on my progress updates (as well as ConnieQuilts) so now it's my turn to keep track of her updates.
Now that you mentioned this, I always thought that this board is great but sometimes I'd like to be able to know more about the person behind the project and what other things she has done and how she has made progress and it is very easy to get distracted by all the other projects, pictures, etc. I think that on every project there should be like a partnership just to have somebody to check progress and somebody else that checks your progress. Like a mentoring thing without the presure of being a master on the art.. Did I make my point?
sorry English is not my first language and at times is difficult for me to express deep thoughts!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:50 PM

Oh, I am VERY excited....I got home to my order from Connecting Threads, and here are my fabrics finally so I can begin the center block!!! The gold is from a local fabric shop. I didn't find any "gold enough" on Connecting Threads, but I think it blends in very well. The background is very sandy looking, but the color didn't come through real well in the photo.

Can't wait to start this on Friday night...I have something else to work on till then. I'll put up photos as I start it...I'm SO EXCITED!!!

Third from the left is MUCH more purple than it shows up!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]115457[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-115452.jpe
Views:	107
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	115457  
Old 02-16-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Oh, I am VERY excited....I got home to my order from Connecting Threads, and here are my fabrics finally so I can begin the center block!!! The gold is from a local fabric shop. I didn't find any "gold enough" on Connecting Threads, but I think it blends in very well. The background is very sandy looking, but the color didn't come through real well in the photo.

Can't wait to start this on Friday night...I have something else to work on till then. I'll put up photos as I start it...I'm SO EXCITED!!!
I love your colors. They look great! I hope you will post some progress pix.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by leakus
Very nicely done indeed. Hey Dee (Dream56) I don't see your picture up here yet....how about a progress update?

For those of you who didn't know, I was partnered with Dream56 in a swap. She made me the most wonderful and gorgeous tote bag and we got to know each other. of course that means I get to bug her now that she's here too. (grins) She kept me on my progress updates (as well as ConnieQuilts) so now it's my turn to keep track of her updates.
Now that you mentioned this, I always thought that this board is great but sometimes I'd like to be able to know more about the person behind the project and what other things she has done and how she has made progress and it is very easy to get distracted by all the other projects, pictures, etc. I think that on every project there should be like a partnership just to have somebody to check progress and somebody else that checks your progress. Like a mentoring thing without the presure of being a master on the art.. Did I make my point?
sorry English is not my first language and at times is difficult for me to express deep thoughts!
That's one of the things that I like about the partner swap. We make a project and send it to our partner. We chat throughout the whole process and get to know the person you are sending too. March swap isn't approved yet but you are free to join us if (no WHEN) it is. It will be listed under Quilting in the New Year - March 2011.

That being said, if you want to correspond/send PMs to me, I'll be more than happy to add another quilting friend to my list and check on progress, etc.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by leakus

I am sure we can keep you on track too. Are you joining us in this project?

Bonni and I got to know each other in Quilting in the New Year Swap. It is a very good get to know your partner well type of swap. Maybe you could join us in March.
Was typing the same time as you Bonni - I would be willing to take on someone else too if needed.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by jljack

JL, love the fabrics' going to be real pretty.

Get sewing girl!

I love your colors. They look great! I hope you will post some progress pix.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 PM

Andrea,

We're all here to help with any question, just post and you will get alot of help.

I'll be more than happy to mentor personally as well. We have alot of great quilters doing this quilt, someone is always around to give assistance.

PM me anytime you have a question or need instruction.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:38 PM

Bonni, how's the block going? Looking forward to an update.

Dream 56, the cat's away, the mouse will play, did you start your block yet? Can't wait to see it.