Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today >

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

Old 02-16-2011, 06:38 PM

Oh....progress report .... I finished my leaves tonight so tomorrow will be stems if this headache will go away. The stems will be good practice for a celtic design I have to mail out to somebody soon.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Oh....progress report .... I finished my leaves tonight so tomorrow will be stems if this headache will go away. The stems will be good practice for a celtic design I have to mail out to somebody soon.
Are you doing the bias stems? They are the easiest.

:lol:
Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 PM

You are right I am playing - got some fabrics picked out but I don't have enough of greens. Will pick up some tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by gal288
Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Are you doing the bias stems? They are the easiest.

:lol:
I am going to try the bias stems. It's been a LOOOONG time since I've done bias. I'm not afraid of them, just haven't done them in a long time.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by dream56
You are right I am playing - got some fabrics picked out but I don't have enough of greens. Will pick up some tomorrow.
:thumbup: :lol:
Old 02-17-2011, 05:39 AM

You are so kind! I appreciate your offer very much.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:43 AM

I see how you both think alike. Thanks!
Yes, I have bought the bacground fabric and plan to use for the rest what I have in my stash.
Tonight I'll cut the center background and trace. I haven't taped the printed pages yet so I don't know which pieces should be appliqued first but shouldn't be no problem once it is laid out.
I decided I'll hand applique, needle turn so I can spend sometime in front of the TV with DH.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by leakus
Yes, I have bought the bacground fabric and plan to use for the rest what I have in my stash.
Tonight I'll cut the center background and trace. I haven't taped the printed pages yet so I don't know which pieces should be appliqued first but shouldn't be no problem once it is laid out.
I decided I'll hand applique, needle turn so I can spend sometime in front of the TV with DH.
Leaves first, stems, flower centers on flowers, flowers, berries and then vase band and finally vase.

Hope you have fun.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by gal288
Originally Posted by leakus
Leaves first, stems, flower centers on flowers, flowers, berries and then vase band and finally vase.

Hope you have fun.
You know that it is killing me to do the vase last don't you? (grins). It is such a big piece that I think I will be REALLY making progress if I do that now. Sigh. Yes Ma'am....I'll do it kinda close to last (ok, I'm not perfect nor usually patient).
Old 02-17-2011, 11:30 AM

One advantage to doing it fusible method is that you get to put all the pieces on the background and fuse them down, so you get to see the semi-finished piece fast!! I'm so looking forward to getting my pieces cut and laid out on Friday night..hopefully I can get a lot of it done in a few hours.

I found a wonderful FQ of multi-colored batik in my stash to make the vase out of. It's a different color from everything else, so it will really stand out.

I'm excited, I'm excited, I'm EXCITED!!! :-)