Illegal to be happy?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:37 PM

Happiness is temporary (i.e. I got a new car today) and based on circumstances. Joy is peace and a sense of bejng content despite your circumstances. I am glad that you have discovered joy!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:41 PM

Came down with breast cancer, have had my treatments and I'm alive. I am just like Minnie Pearl from the Grand Ole Opry, "I'm just so happy to be here". Love every day God gives me.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 PM

AMEN and well said. I never have a bad day, nor a bad boss. I surround myself with happy people and happy thoughts, it is a challenge sometimes, but I just blow it off. Even in my worst times, I don't fret about the stuff I can't change.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
Cheerfulness is a choice IMHO. And I choose to be happy, cheerful & pleasant whenever I can. That is most of the time. I battle depression and have learned that I can keep it under control by positive thoughts, cheerful choices & kindness. And I count my blessings many times throughout the day. So no it is not illegal. Personally I think God wants us to be happy with all of the blessings he has blessed us with. Even bad or sad things that happen, there is always something to learn or gain. Sorry for mentioning my God but that is just me. Without him I could do nothing.
Please don't think you ever have to apologize for mentioning God, we owe him everything. If talking about God offends someone, they are the ones that really need to hear about Him. Christians have backed down so much to not 'offend' anyone. It offends me when we don't stand up for God. Look what He has done for us! God is love! He wants us all to have the 'abundant' life. Just sayin'
Old 02-18-2011, 06:19 AM

Gramof6 - don't worry about mentioning your faith.

I am not Christian; as long as you don't engage in telling me that I'm wrong for that, we will get along. I just ask that you give me as much respect for my faith as you expect for yours.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:23 AM

Location: Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room

Originally Posted by redkimba
I consider myself to be a happy person (not ivory tower, just content). I'm noticing that a lot of the people around me are 'miserable' people - give them 5 sec & they'll tell you all about it. Some are just mean enough that if they find out you are happy/content, they want to pull you down with them?

Is it so wrong to just be happy/content?
DO NOT go to the DARK-SIDE with them! This is my motto. Even if I am having a bad day, I FAKE a positive attitude just to not let myself go there!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:38 AM

Happy is way good.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:31 AM

well i am happy and content and dont let them bring you down.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:57 PM

Noticed your in Plano Tx. I live in Flower Mound, TX but work in Plano. Howdy Ms. Happy. I believe he world would be a better place if everyone tried to be happy. My attitude is that I determine what kind of day to have and I choose to be laughing and gay unlike others who prefer to be unhappy and grey.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:42 PM

I, too, heard it takes more energy to frown than to smile, and I do look particularly menacing with I frown...Love to laugh, count my blessings, and "brighten the corner where I am"