Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met..................... >

Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met.....................

Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met.....................

Old 02-27-2011, 10:57 AM

I love my quilter "leaders" like Eleanor Burns - she is just as funny in person, Ricky Timms is quiet but very nice.

Movie stars? Well Tommie Lee Jones lives done by Balmorea and he was in a store when we went in with friends and talked to us. I had to stand back to keep from grabbing him, I love his cocky attitude.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:09 AM

sue hausman from america sews
Old 02-27-2011, 11:13 AM

Back in the 60s when I was still a little kid, "Wild wild West" was one of my favorite T.V. shows. Robert Conrad was appearing here in town.
While I was hanging out at 7-Eleven (because my uncle was the store manager for that store and we were going to buy tickets for his guest appearance after his work shift)my uncle rang up his aspirins and I had the opportunity to shake his hand.
We have many celebrities here in Corpus Christi.
Farrah Fawcett (RIP)
Lou Diamond Phillps
Congressman Solomon Ortiz
Damian Chapa
Kate Bassinger
and others that I can't think of for now.
But Robert is the last celebrity that I actually shook hands with.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:25 AM

In 2007, I sat 2 seats away from Bill Clinton at a play on Broadway when we were visiting in NYC. We chatted before the play, I got a photo of hiim and got his autograph on the playbill. Then when the play was over (it was a one-act play so there was no intermission), he turned to us, shook our hands again and wished us a nice rest of the vacation.

A month later we rode in the elevator in a Vancouver hotel with Jackie Chan.

In Sept. 2010, we were eating dinner in the Ruth Chris Steakhouse in Nashville, TN, and Dolly Parton walks in with 2 other people. My daughter & I went to her table and asked for a picture with her. She was very nice and we chatted for a few moments after the picture.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:30 AM

Jenny Beyer, a wonderful inspiration and very friendly to all at her seminars.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Jim

I met Dolly Parton when I was 19(a few yrs back). I have always loved her...She is very outgoing and very charitable. Many people see her differently ...She pays for every child born in Sevier County, Tennessee to have a book a month from birth to age 6 and a bookcase to put them in, thats just one of many things she does charitably.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jim
I met Dolly Parton when I was 19(a few yrs back). I have always loved her...She is very outgoing and very charitable. Many people see her differently ...She pays for every child born in Sevier County, Tennessee to have a book a month from birth to age 6 and a bookcase to put them in, thats just one of many things she does charitably.
This has now spread and is in more states and counties! My granddaughter that lives in Nashville has been receiving them since birth, and they just recently got it here in WV so my grandson receives them too, now!
Old 02-27-2011, 12:05 PM

Aside from being a fab fiddle player, Charlie Daniels is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. I have met him several times as he is the first cousin to a dear friend.

I met Danny Glover after a program at Western Carolina University. He read poetry and several of Dr. King's speaches. The program was presented as part of "Black History Month." He was so humble when he signed the playbill for me.

But my favorite was meeting "The Fablulous Thunderbirds"!!!
They were friends of my brother. When we met them after a concert, they said the were sick of road food, so we made dinner for them the next time they were close. The main request was homemade cornbread and greens. Such fun!
Old 02-27-2011, 12:17 PM

I was most impressed when I met Bill Clinton. What a speaker. I have also met the Oak Ridge Boys, Statler Brothers and Alan Jackson in person. All awesome people.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:41 PM

Went to High School with Brad Pitt. Think he's the only really famous person I've known.

Yes,...he was very popular. No,...he was not a snob---he was very down to earth, friendly, and kind. (These are the things everyone always asks me!).