Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm needing a hug >

I'm needing a hug

I'm needing a hug

Old 02-28-2011, 09:39 AM

You know what, that man was obviously a MAN! Your quilt is gorgeous and the amount of work in that just blows my mind away. It is a fantabulous (fantastic+fabulous) creation and is priceless! We don't need to find scraps like the old days when fabric was scarce, in fact most people now would buy new fabrics. (have a look on QB!)He is just a cranky old man who probably is a little selfish too. Not a nice experience for you but you have a BIG HUGE HUG from me for all your hurt that he caused. He is naughty. I bet we all agree!Chin up! Can't wait to see what you get up to next! :thumbup:
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 AM

...Seriously? Wow. Some people, I swear. He had no right to go off on you like that. I can sympathize with the way you responded to him, though. While I am able to be quite chatty and occasionally kick up a fuss on the wilds of the internet, out in the world I am much much more soft-spoken, and would likely have done the same thing in your shoes :/

That said, your quilt is beautiful and you have every right to be proud of it. Try not to let him get to you, if you can, and enjoy your lovely work :3
Old 02-28-2011, 09:45 AM
SC

HUGS, HUGS & more HUGS to you! I love your quilt. It is beautiful! I'm sure that man didn't know you would take his comments so personally & didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Most older people tend to live with what they are comfortable with & don't realize just how much things have changed with time. Just keep on quilting YOUR way & be proud of YOUR work.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:48 AM

The quilt is beautiful. Maybe the man's wife quilted years ago and he was missing her. We never know what people are feeling or going thru. Maybe he just needed to vent and you are the person on whom he took it out.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:50 AM

You are special and your work is beautiful. Never allow anyone to steal your joy. They do not deserve it, you do!

Many hugs to you.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:51 AM

Love your quilt, the pattern, the colours, and especially the quilting design. That said.....I don't give a rat's behind if he was sick, ancient, in pain, miserable or lonely or all of the above. Chances are that he would have left the office long before me and if he had gotten too stupid he might have been REAL happy to be in a Dr.'s office. I am not as nice as many of you and am short on patience with someone being rude to me.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:07 AM

some people, you dont need a hug, youre quilt is just beatiful some thing to be so proud of outstanding
Old 02-28-2011, 10:14 AM

Your quilt is beautiful. I hope that never happens to me. It seems the older I get the more my mouth flies open. He would have been shocked at my reply.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 AM

How about if you asked him if he made his shirt, pants and shoes from scratch? I'll bet not. He was cheating, too by his standards.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:30 AM

He was in a Dr's office and now you know why. He is just plain grumpy to jump all over you. He needed someone to vent whatever his problem was. Your quilt is beautiful!