Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 02-28-2011, 06:54 PM

I'm in. Enough is enough - I got to lose. or win depending on how you look at it.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:25 PM

I'm in again and plan on making a beautiful green quilt :D
Old 02-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

DonnaD wrote:
Hey, y'all. I had some awful news today. I'm an RN and today I talked to the doctor that does the lap-band and gastric bypass surgeries for a hospital in St. Louis. He was down here doing a seminar for ladies interested in getting either one done.

I told him I had thought of having one or the other done in the past, but had never followed through. While I was talking to him I was drinking a diet Dr. Pepper. He said "Well, I wouldn't do either on you until you swore to never drink another soda". I said but I only drink diet sodas. He said "Doesn't matter. Soda keeps you fat. The carbonation keeps your stomach stretched, which means it takes more food to make you feel full. If you have either one of the surgeries and drink soda it will stretch your new reduced-size stomach and when it does you will lose all the benefit from having surgery". Now, I've heard that drinking diet soda was not good if you were on a diet because it kept you from losing your desire for sweets, but I never heard this. He explained a lot more about it but bottom line is soda prevents you from losing weight by causing you to eat more. It makes sense. If I get an upset stomach I'll drink a soda as fast as I can so that I can burp like a truckdriver and feel better. Breaks my heart to think I have to give up my sodas. What in the world will I do without them? Drink water?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:52 PM

I'm in again :)
Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 PM

Ok, I'm in.... even when I don't lose, I don't gain so that's a plus :D
Old 02-28-2011, 10:01 PM

Me too :d I wanna play... I lost 4 pounds but then they found me :(... get to walk outside now that it's getting warmer :D...won't be far..just 150 ft up hill to the mail box but for me that's a lot :)
Old 02-28-2011, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by patimint
Okay, ready to start, been a hard 2 month for me, mother's death ect. Gained 13 lbs in 2 month, so gotta get going this month. LETS GO!!! good luck to you all.
Good for you Patti. It won't help you deal with your mother's death to pack on extra pounds. Getting a bit of exercise and fresh air will help you feel less depressed, lonely, etc. I'm cheering for you.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaB
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Well, I figured out why I'm so fat. The shampoo I use in the shower runs down my body and the bottle says, "for extra volume and body." I'm going to start using Dawn dish washing soap. It says, "dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove!"
Love it, love it....chuckle, chuckle :P :P

OK, I'm in too!. But not fair, I just lost 10 lbs. in 5 weeks. How do we get back to this thread fast!
Go to the top of the first page. Just above trupeach1's name you should see the word Bookmark. Click on that and it will be added to your bookmarks.

Next time you want to come, just click on My Bookmarks at the top of the header and you will get a list of all your bookmarked pages. Good luck.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:26 PM

I had gastric bypass back in 2005 and I was told that if I did have a soda to make sure and use a straw. That way you are not sucking in all the air that does help to stretch your stomach. Yes the carbination does stretch it and especially when you burp.
I lost over 135 lbs but have gained back 15 of them and I hope with the help of everybody here I will get it back off and a few more.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:40 PM

Wow. 135 pounds is wonderful. You should feel so much better that adding some exercise into your routine and building some muscle, you will get it off really quick.