living in Australia?

Old 03-03-2011, 05:13 AM

Hi Pinot,
I live in Australind (Western Australia). My husband and I live in 3 bedroom house on 3/4 of an acre surounded by trees. I have a very large sewing room but don't get much time to sew because I work full time.I guess I will get to it when I retire and I have more time. We live out of town so we drive to the shops. i actually work for the local Spotlight store so I know when the specials are coming up and when to buy up.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 PM

I've seen the floods on tv! all these poor people! Did you know this when you bought your house on a hill?do you have a picture of your house? I'd love to see it. I could never live in a new house.....
Originally Posted by Patchworkmarion
Hi Pinot,
I live in Ipswich,Queensland,which is the State's oldest provincial city,with a population of 155,000.We are 40 minutes from Brisbane,our Capital,and about 1 1/2 hours from the Gold Coast,and the Sunsine Coast.Both of these are popular holiday destinations.
We have hot summers,and cold winters,but never any snow.
Recently we had terrible floods,and lots of people lost everything.Luckily we live high on a hill.Our home is over 100 years old. I have been to every State,except the Northern Territory,but hope to go there soon. keep stitchin'
Marion
Old 03-03-2011, 12:05 PM

I know this feeling! I didn't do anything when I was working but kept all my materials. And now I can do whatever I'd like to. Isn't that wonderfull? I am sure you'll love to be retired! when will that be?
Originally Posted by needlehappy
Hi Pinot,
I live in Australind (Western Australia). My husband and I live in 3 bedroom house on 3/4 of an acre surounded by trees. I have a very large sewing room but don't get much time to sew because I work full time.I guess I will get to it when I retire and I have more time. We live out of town so we drive to the shops. i actually work for the local Spotlight store so I know when the specials are coming up and when to buy up.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:10 PM

I agree! it's so interesting to read about other people!I write almost every day with another lady from the QB and that's great fun! I will try to tell a bit more about the house and the village I live in and add some pics. If you need a penpal, just write to me. You take care too, Pinot
Originally Posted by dorilou58
Thank you all that are living in places other than the states for posting about where you live and the pics...I had a penpal in junior high school that was from Adelaide Australia..We had a great tme writing to each other and then of course life goes on and you lose track of each other...The picures were lovely that you posted..I work as a nurse in homecare and its a bit isolating..Very nice to hear about how other people live..take care now..Dori
Old 03-21-2011, 03:13 AM

Thank you Pinot for telling us a bit about your life. Would love to hear some more. It's wonderful how we can learn so much about people and their lives on this site and all because of quilting. I'm hoping to retire in a few months so then work won't get in the way of my sewing. Then I'll be able to use some of the beautiful fabrics I have been buying whilst I've been working. Until next time happy quilting.