Cataract Surgery

Old 03-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by ThreadHead
I've been told it's not a big deal from folks over the years who have had it done. It actually ticks me off that it happens now when I'm having so much fun with my fabrics. LOL I do however want to get it out of the way so I can see better and have alot more fun the rest of the year.

Is the prognosis correct in it taking about 3-4 weeks for full recovery for each eye?

Carol
Carol, I had my right eye done last year, and will have the left done when it is "ripe".
I only had the eye drops in the eye so I couldn't feel anything. I only felt pressure. I had to stare at a spot on the wall so I wouldn't move or blink. No coughing.
They will put you out if you want, but I didn't need it.
I had a lens put in at the same time.
You will be so surprised to see the vivid colors again. Reds are REDDER, and Blues, Yellows are so bright.
It only takes about 3 days to a week of wearing a patch.This is so you won't rub it, or sleep on it until it heals.
The patche I had had little holes in it so I could see through it. I was in the recovery room looking at everything through my patch, seeing better than with my left eye.
Nothing to worry about.
Syl[/quote]

You should be able to see when you get out of surgery. I had a patch on overnight then nothing. As soon as I have the left eye (the worst one) done, I made the appt for the right eye. It was a little bit hard to focus before I had the 2nd eye done, but there was only a couple of weeks between. Best thing I've ever done!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:04 PM

My DH had this done yesterday. He noticed immediately how much brighter life really is, even with sunglasses on but he was pretty groggy from the anesthesia the rest of the day. Today he was fine, seeing well, drove the pickup all over the city we are in and did some work on the RV. His vision is now 20/20 and he no longer needs glasses!!! Go forward with no fear!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:15 PM

I had the surgery done on both my eyes last summer, with about a month's waiting time in between. I was quite pleased with the outcome; I could see better than I had in years. Colors were clearer and brighter, details were sharper, and I didn't have that burning, itchy feeling in my eyes all the time. Recovery was almost immediate. My only regret is that I couldn't have it done sooner. It was really a change for the better!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:31 PM

I had both eyes done in 2009. Took about a month for each eye. Easiest operation I ever had done and the one I worried myself silly about. Have yours done ASAP because after that first day when you take the patch off, you will be so happy with your eyesight. Now I buy the cheap glasses, like 3 for $7.98 or if I really like the frame I may spend $4.95. All I can say don't worry, be happy.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:34 PM

I forgot to mention I was nearly 79 and use glasses only for close work and my reading. I do a lot of both so I expected to wear glasses part time.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:37 PM

I'm not fearful of having the surgery. Actually welcome it so I can see better and it would be nice to not have to wear glasses anymore.

I guess the doctor was saying it was 3-4 weeks before they did the other one and be able to see within hours of having it done. Full healing time I guess can take up to 3 weeks.

Thanks for all the responses.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:44 PM

I am interested in the house quilt block. Was surprised to see that there is more than 20 pieces to this pattern. I would appreciate being told where to locate the block. I will reconstruct it to use large pieces for house and applique for windows, door, chimney and of course a tree. I am considering using more than one house. Anyone know of a book I could purchase.