Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5 >

The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 AM

I am hoping to start working on the centers I have, maybe send them early(which would be a first for me)
Lucky! I love aqua :)
Old 03-11-2011, 05:08 AM

Your DGD is so sweet!!
Our DS always told his youngest sister (by 10yrs) that her responsibility, being the youngest, was to take care of us in our old age :wink:
I remember when she was really young the sweet - but panic-ed look on her face :!: Big brothers can be such a tease! Now we all figure it will be him & his wife (who was a nurse) since they are the only ones close by. Guess the last laugh will be on him! :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Enjoy Jamaica!! I can only dream...
Old 03-11-2011, 05:25 AM

Jamaica!!!!!!!!!! OMG I'm soooooo jealous!!! That sounds like heaven right now. Have fun and enjoy but stay safe. Are you going on a cruise or flying?
Old 03-11-2011, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by montanablu
I am SO jealous! :-( Warm?!? Flowers???!!?? If I close my eyes & try REALLY hard I can almost remember what warm & flowers are like - LOL :!: I am SO tired of winter - & we didn't/aren't going anywhere this year to break up the monotony! :thumbdown:
Right now it is snowing - again :!: :thumbdown: But I shouldn't complain --- rain is worse (when it comes down 3" at a time :thumbdown: :!: A soft spring rain w/temps at least in the 50s would be sheer heaven!

[Watched a hawk soar into my yard, hop (yes, literally hop!) up the lower branches of an evergreen tree & help himself to dinner - a little sparrow! It was amazing to watch him, once he had the little guy in his beak he flew off - so I was spared the gory part. Sure hope he finds another food source before the finches return!!]

~Cindy
Well they have to eat too I guess? but gross
Old 03-11-2011, 05:56 AM

[Well they have to eat too I guess? but gross]~Abonda - quote

Yea, really glad I didn't see the details! ;-)
Old 03-11-2011, 06:18 AM

we are going to Dream Palace. an all inclusive resort and we are flying. taking lots of hand work to do by the beach. last time i tripped over a beach chair and broke my wrist. needless to say i flew home with a broken wrist no surgery in mexico for me. will be much more careful in jamica. cant; wait. with all the stress in my life right now with my family i need heaven.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:22 AM

Then, Kathi, I'm so glad you are able to go! When life gets stressful, seems something comes along to soothe us. May not be as big as Jamaica, ;-) :!: , but God always knows what we need - & when. Enjoy!!!

Psst--& be careful where you step ;)
Old 03-11-2011, 08:58 AM

Glad to hear everyone's well and even some are going to enjoy some warm weather.
As for old age care...we have 3 children and I've told them they will each have us for 4 months each year after we retire and then just keep passing us along. If the music stops and one of us ( meaning DH of I) are unable to move to the next chair then whoever has us at that point gets to keep us! They are all agreed on the plan, just not agreed on who has to go first!
Actually, we haven't decided where to retire. Our kids currently are in Florida, Arkansas and Wisconsin. The only one not likely to ever move is Wisconsin. Right now, I'm like Scarlett and will think about it tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by c joyce
Glad to hear everyone's well and even some are going to enjoy some warm weather.
As for old age care...we have 3 children and I've told them they will each have us for 4 months each year after we retire and then just keep passing us along. If the music stops and one of us ( meaning DH of I) are unable to move to the next chair then whoever has us at that point gets to keep us! They are all agreed on the plan, just not agreed on who has to go first!
Actually, we haven't decided where to retire. Our kids currently are in Florida, Arkansas and Wisconsin. The only one not likely to ever move is Wisconsin. Right now, I'm like Scarlett and will think about it tomorrow.
I had to laugh when I read your post about living with your children. We have 6 kids so we could move around even more but we decided instead of living with our kids, they could send money instead...just like we sent it for them in college! Hahaha!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119
Originally Posted by c joyce
I had to laugh when I read your post about living with your children. We have 6 kids so we could move around even more but we decided instead of living with our kids, they could send money instead...just like we sent it for them in college! Hahaha!

That sounds like a great idea to me. I'm tired of sending my kids money.