Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6 >

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Old 03-20-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
OMG Pamesue -- that looks fantastic. Where did you find the embroidery designs? I couldn't find any ...
I to the ladies at artisticthreadworks.com I have a membership there...I am glad that you like them. :-)
Old 03-20-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Originally Posted by pamesue
TF Quilter...here is your row....what do you?? I do not do hand embroidery (yours is wonderful)..so I did a little machine embroidery with old fashions blocks (churn dash, bow tie, ie..). I did redwork ladies with parasols (I used thread the color of the material in the blocks)

I really hope that you like it... :-) Please be honest!
I LOVE it! I really like the ladies with parasols and that you mixed them in with old fashioned blocks...you did a good job Pam..I REALLY do love it..I am anxious to see it..thankyou so much..

:thumbup:
Oh, thank you...I am sew glad you like them..your ladies are sew lovely...I truly did not knwo what to do...but I think this works...

I told my DH that I might have to use these ladies in something for myself I like them so much..
Old 03-20-2011, 01:16 PM

TF Quilter...here is your row....what do you?? I do not do hand embroidery (yours is wonderful)..so I did a little machine embroidery with old fashions blocks (churn dash, bow tie, ie..). I did redwork ladies with parasols (I used thread the color of the material in the blocks)

I LOVE it! I really like the ladies with parasols and that you mixed them in with old fashioned blocks...you did a good job Pam..I REALLY do love it..I am anxious to see it..thankyou so much..

Oh, thank you...I am sew glad you like them..your ladies are sew lovely...I truly did not knwo what to do...but I think this works...

I told my DH that I might have to use these ladies in something for myself I like them so much..
Your ladies are awesome Pam...I love your row...thanks again.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:48 PM

Well let me say this, "If TF Quilter doesn't like it, I'll send you my address on a PM .... and you can skip sending it on to the others ..... send it directly to me". It's "AWESOME"!!!

RNUNU --- :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-20-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by RNUNU

Well let me say this, "If TF Quilter doesn't like it, I'll send you my address on a PM .... and you can skip sending it on to the others ..... send it directly to me". It's "AWESOME"!!!

RNUNU --- :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
thank you sew much for the words of praise...
Old 03-20-2011, 07:19 PM

That is really cute.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:16 PM

Pam....WOW!! That looks incredible!! You did such a great job!! The embroidery and the little old fashion blocks are perfect!!
TF Quilter....I noticed that you did use a sashing. If when you look at my row with your row, you think it needs sashing, let me know and I will get some fabric cut for sashing and send it. Just not sure what color would look good since I have so many colors....maybe green?? But then again, all my blocks except the Dresden Plate are kind of "sashed" as it is....hmmmm??? I am terrible at second guessing myself. You look at it and let me know what you think. I trust your opinion :D

Old 03-21-2011, 06:51 AM

Qbee, I think I would wait with the sashing until all your rows are done and then you can decide on what color you want...I love working on your row...it's coming along.... :thumbup:
Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 AM

Qbee, I think I would wait with the sashing until all your rows are done and then you can decide on what color you want...I love working on your row...it's coming along.... :thumbup:
Just adding a note here: Group 1 (Early Bird Threads) have discussed this very subject .... and those who didn't include or choose not to have "sashing between their rows" .... have stated they would like to have their rows with the sashing .... and when they received their Row Robin Quilt back into their own hands ..... they are now inserting sashing between their rows.
RNUNU - :?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:47 AM

That sounds good! I didn't think of that but you're right. I know one of the ladies in another group did that....added sashing after it was all done. I guess she just removed the seams where the rows were attached or something.
That is better 'cause I'm still not sure it will need sashing and don't think I'll be able to tell until I see it with all the rows.
I'm glad you are having fun with the row :D I'm so excited!!