Anyone else have Yorkies?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Originally Posted by kwhite
Kelli likes to lick the walls and chase the light that shines on the floors too. She is just not right sometimes.
ok, this made me laugh! Lexi will peel the wallpaper off if we're not careful. How strange!!
My Yorkie does this as well, you can tell where she been cause the wallpaper his gone...LOL but that's ok cause its going away any way and I think she just helping me...LOL I just dont want her to get sick, so when I say no she knows she in troubles and puts her head down...LOL
Old 03-24-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by rushdoggie
Shes so tiny, I would worry about an early dinner at her age. Can she start sleeping in a confined area where going on her bedding would be yukky, and you could get up at 2 and let her out, which would be a lot easier than cleaning up. Plus, ideally you would prefer she doesn't come to think of bedding as an ideal toilet!

Shes adorable. I have two toy dogs, not yorkies (Papillons), and I was never a little dog person until I got one. I still have a bigger dog, but I love my mites.
Thanks, I think you're right. We're going to try to feed her later..it seems that 4am is her potty time. She is crated at night & yips when she poops because she does not want it there!
Don't leave it there or she will start eating it!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Here's the latest picture of my furbaby.....I may have to make it my avatar....what do ya'll think?? Keep the sleeping one or switch to this one???
hmmmm there both precious
Old 03-24-2011, 05:24 PM

We have a "Chorkie" cross between a yorkie and a chiwauwa (spelling?) She looks more like a yorkie. All white except for a couple creamy tan spots on her back. Her name is "Mousie" shes very small . She too,picks a piece out of her dish and runs to some area on the carpeting, and proceeds to eat, then go back and get another piece, one at a time. She is a good dog, very gentle.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
My Yorkie is nuts too. SHe will not eat at her bowl. She must take the food and go far away from the bowl. Many times on the couch, to eat. The best advice I can give is to take good care of their teeth. They seem to have a tendancy to get absesses and boy do they stink!!!! A HUGE smell can come from those tiny mouths.
I give my dogs RAW knuckle or soup bones. I remove most of the fat...they love them! Helps a lot with the bad breath. DO NOT COOK THE BONES! Cooking results in splinters that will hurt the dogs. Try it......my dogs take me to the freezer all the time for a bone. I give it frozen or fresh....they don't care :-D
Old 03-24-2011, 08:43 PM

I have a 7 year old Yorkie-Poo (1/2 Yorkie/1/2/ Poodle), but she looks more like a Yorkie with crimpy fur. Her name is MyLady. Only she isn't a D-O-G! She is one of the girls. She thinks she is human. She doesn't get people food usually except when we have spaghetti. You can just say that you are going to make spaghetti and she gets excited that she wiggles from head to tip of tail. She thinks that anyone that comes to our house comes just to see her. She will come up to my chair and jump up looking over the side, but won't actually get in the chair with ne until I tell her to. She always has to be under the cover. We didn't have any trouble potty training her and never had any chewing problems. She is my baby!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by rushdoggie
Shes so tiny, I would worry about an early dinner at her age. Can she start sleeping in a confined area where going on her bedding would be yukky, and you could get up at 2 and let her out, which would be a lot easier than cleaning up. Plus, ideally you would prefer she doesn't come to think of bedding as an ideal toilet!

Shes adorable. I have two toy dogs, not yorkies (Papillons), and I was never a little dog person until I got one. I still have a bigger dog, but I love my mites.
Thanks, I think you're right. We're going to try to feed her later..it seems that 4am is her potty time. She is crated at night & yips when she poops because she does not want it there!
Don't leave it there or she will start eating it!
yeah I know, Lexi does that if we don't hurry on clean up. Lots of dogs do it & yep it is gross! We did have a better night last nite...thank goodness!!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:38 AM

Whn Lexi hears me talking on the phone & I say, ok I'll see you soon...she stands & stares at the door waiting for company!For as long as it takes, lol!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:31 AM

I love this thread! The photos are all so darling. We bought a rescue dog that is a Yorkie-Poo that we named Lucy. (At the time we had a cat named Ethel). She has turned out to be the best dog we have ever had. She will be 6 years old in a couple days. I hate the thought of her growing older....I wish she would just stay the same. She is the love of our lives.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by ladyslipper
I love this thread! The photos are all so darling. We bought a rescue dog that is a Yorkie-Poo that we named Lucy. (At the time we had a cat named Ethel). She has turned out to be the best dog we have ever had. She will be 6 years old in a couple days. I hate the thought of her growing older....I wish she would just stay the same. She is the love of our lives.
Lucy & Ethel, I love it!!! I enjoy hearing all of the different names for our fur babies.