Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 03-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

Ducky, I just read what your stinker of a dog did! May I suggest you shut doors before you go to bed or go out?
Old 03-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Elle...I'll have to look for it.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Ducky, I just read what your stinker of a dog did! May I suggest you shut doors before you go to bed or go out?
Well, that's the thing. We close all the doors and block off the kitchen. She has the living room to be able to look out the front window. Silly me, I just didn't think she would go after my sewing -- she never has before. I guess she was teaching me a lesson for leaving her alone.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:31 PM

Hello Dear Friends! I am in a really foul mood. I was sewing along so nicely. Finished up the quilting & bobbinwork on Block #27. Took up Block #28 & started quilting. Got 1 heart quilted just fine. Continued on stitching & got all the center parts done - I thought. Turned it over to trim some threads & boy, was I surprised to see yards & yards of the invisible thread that's in the top all bunched up everywhere I had just quilted! Took it all out, re-threaded everything & started stitching, but checked after a bit - still acting up. Turned off the machine. Started it back up, re-threaded everything and started sewing, again. Still a mess on the back. I am letting it sit. Will try again tomorrow. I had broken a needle right before finishing up Block #27. I'll try putting a new needle in tomorrow before I sew. I hate the thought of having to take her to the Dr. However, the Dr. is also the LQS so it could be worse. If she doesn't work tomorrow, I'll get out my back-up Janome MC3000. And I was on such a roll, too. Haven't tried bobbin work on the back-up.

Have been watching a "Deadliest Catch" marathon & Kay's Mare Stare. Still need to mark the outer ring of blocks with white pencil & lightbox. Fusible is all drawn & cut out. Still need to iron to batiks & cut that out, so it's not like I have nothing to do!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:42 PM

Oh Kathy, what a shame. that is just the pits, I hate when you do a whole lot of work turn it over and its just a mess, happened to me too. Perhaps if you turn it off and then start it again it will sort it. I find that helps mine. Other than that a clean, no part of the needle in there is there.

That mare is another I believe, she was acting strange so they put her in there, at least thats what I think happened. I am not very good and telling horses apart.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:43 PM

I went camping for 4 days and Boy, did I miss a lot on AOTH. I had bought Mirage Coal for my BG but all I could see was dark chocolate brown and I didn't like that color. I also decided to go with 10" blocks so I had to order more fabric. I went with Mirage Cornflower and the fabric was waiting for me when I got back from camping. It was a pretty color but it didn't work well with my other fabrics. I am returning it to Connecting Threads and getting solid black in exchange. I swear this is my last change; that is why I have fabric galore.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:47 PM

Losie, You are not alone, I was going with a lemon background but decided that I didn´t like it all that much, so I am doing black now.

Warning when once you start you won´t want to stop these lovely blocks they are very addictive.

Elle
Old 03-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

Welcome back Losie! I assume you had a good trip. You still have plenty of time to change your mind...so no worries.

Kathy...I'm so sorry about your machine. Maybe just maybe it IS the needle. I hate when that happens!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:56 PM

Dear Kathy, so sorry to hear of your frustrating times with your machine. Sometimes things fix themselves over night. I don't know how that happens but I am sure happy when it does. If not, I hope the fix is an easy one. Bless you. LindaAnn :-D
Old 03-26-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Hello Dear Friends! I am in a really foul mood. I was sewing along so nicely. Finished up the quilting & bobbinwork on Block #27. Took up Block #28 & started quilting. Got 1 heart quilted just fine. Continued on stitching & got all the center parts done - I thought. Turned it over to trim some threads & boy, was I surprised to see yards & yards of the invisible thread that's in the top all bunched up everywhere I had just quilted! Took it all out, re-threaded everything & started stitching, but checked after a bit - still acting up. Turned off the machine. Started it back up, re-threaded everything and started sewing, again. Still a mess on the back. I am letting it sit. Will try again tomorrow. I had broken a needle right before finishing up Block #27. I'll try putting a new needle in tomorrow before I sew. I hate the thought of having to take her to the Dr. However, the Dr. is also the LQS so it could be worse. If she doesn't work tomorrow, I'll get out my back-up Janome MC3000. And I was on such a roll, too. Haven't tried bobbin work on the back-up.

Have been watching a "Deadliest Catch" marathon & Kay's Mare Stare. Still need to mark the outer ring of blocks with white pencil & lightbox. Fusible is all drawn & cut out. Still need to iron to batiks & cut that out, so it's not like I have nothing to do!
That really stinks! I'm using the invisible thread to sew down my applique pieces and I find that it is very finicky stuff. Sometimes it just doesn't want to sew nicely. I always end up tightening my tension more than I think I need to and cleaning the lint bunnies out of my bobbin area before it starts behaving itself. I hope you work out the magic combination of needle and settings!

I LOVE Deadliest Catch. I didn't know there was a marathon on this weekend - I hope it is still going on tomorrow! It is one of the few shows that I will watch. I think it is because I am secretly (OK, not so secretly) in love with Mike Rowe. Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs and sporting events are about the extent of my TV watching. Any more would cut into my sewing too much! ;)