Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please adopt me! >

Please adopt me!

Please adopt me!

Old 03-27-2011, 08:05 AM

The day before you leave, bundle them up and ship them to your destination.

Have someone ready to accept them for you, should you not be able to get there fast enough.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:05 AM

I;d adopt you and your treasures but I'll be moving soon too But I say -Smuggle- menfolk don't know the diff between linens and fabric and they ain't about to open boxes once you seal and label them he'll be to busy complaining about you telling him the right way to load the truck ,I had moving down to an art work
Old 03-27-2011, 08:07 AM

quilter1943, the same thing happened to me. Just make sure to get a 4 bedroom, 1 for sleeping, 1 for his office, 1 for your sewing(make sure to get the one with the best closet and light) and the last one is for guest or stash overflow.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:15 AM

I'll adopt you! I'll give you country living with lots of quiet. You get your own bedroom AND your own sewing room...after August you will also get your own bathroom. Heck, I'll even share my longarm with you!!!

When shall I expect you? Oh, I forgot, you will be the only female there until I get home in October, my DH and DSS are easy going, love to eat and tend to forget to put away what they get out.

However, your stash is very useful for wrapping all that is fragile - plates, glasses, all your kitchen accessories...excellent way of getting your stash to your new home. BUT I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU COME LIVE WITH ME!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 08:26 AM

I agree with using the stash as packing material. That's what I did when I moved and everything made it here in perfect condition. Just remind hubby of all the money you spent on the fabric and that you will just have to spend more to replace it all and that will change his mind. If not you can come stay with me. Happy to have a friend to quilt with and to do my housework and cooking for me. LOL
Old 03-27-2011, 08:32 AM

I read in a magazine where a husband said the same thing.So she marked all her sewing boxes as dishes. The moving guys mentioned that boy you have a lot of dishes and kitchen stuff. It worked for her. Good luck
Old 03-27-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by JabezRose
Well, Michigan isn't bad, lived here all my life. Have a 9x9" room in the dungeon, rest of it is full of my stash and machines, etc. Of course we will have to move "his" stuff out of that room to where, donno. But there is nothing like setting up quiltin racks outside on a nice day(no rain or breeze) and chatting with a friend while tieing off quilts.
Easy solution would be to move "his" stuff in with her husband. They more than likely will get along just fine and the two of you will have "sew" much fun together. There ya go. Problem solved. (Bet they visit you when they smell the food cooking!!)
Old 03-27-2011, 09:06 AM

I have an idea. Get rid of all your pots and pans, and just pack materials. It will be lighter if the movers charge by weight. LOL
Old 03-27-2011, 09:09 AM

I don't think you are going to have a problem Pippa. Most of us here are willing to adopt. Would love to have a partner in crime so to speak. He he
Old 03-27-2011, 09:14 AM

how funny!! you can come to my house but i'm warning you i live in a small mobile home and you have to love 4 legged babies and grandbabies!!