Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Affairs of the Heart - Block 16 Photos >

Affairs of the Heart - Block 16 Photos

Affairs of the Heart - Block 16 Photos

Old 03-30-2011, 11:27 AM

Finished this block tonight, funnily enough I just had enough thread for this one block, I also found a bit of pink that might do another. Thought I hud completely run out. These blocks take a lot of thread.

Block 16
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177429[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-177423.jpe
Views:	49
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	177429  
Old 03-30-2011, 01:29 PM

Very, very pretty, Elle. You are going great guns on these blocks now.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:49 PM

Thank Judy, I will have to stop in a while though as I am running out of the black Kona, I know I can get that easy, but will have to order it and at the moment piggy bank is a bit low. I must get back to DJ before I order any more fabric.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

Nice one Elle, love the colours, but then I don't think I've seen a block that I didn't love the colours. I am convinced you can use almost anything and it looks good - this quilt is a great design for that.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Thanks Lesley, I have since stitched around the circles I think it looks better it brings them out a bit better.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:03 PM

very good job on all of them ver pretty too
Old 03-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

Gosh....that one is so pretty too Elle! Everyone's blocks are simply gorgeous! I'm working on 17 tonight. At least I'm on to the larger pieces so it will go faster.

I sewed down a set of funky cats for the swap today...I was just sewing along and then...hmmmmm....machine didn't sound right. I stood up to look and found that I somehow had wound about 17 miles of thread around the hand wheel on the top right end of the machine. GRRRRRR.....my "still rough" hands must have snagged it when I reached behind the machine for something (I'm terrible about leaving the spool sitting there with the tail loose when I change thread colors). GRRRRRR!! So..undid it and stopped for the day. Gawd..I'm an idiot!!!!

I'm finding that the board is pretty slow right now Elle, so it might not be all your computer. Give them time to fix it...then maybe you need to clean up some other areas of your machine.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Gosh....that one is so pretty too Elle! Everyone's blocks are simply gorgeous! I'm working on 17 tonight. At least I'm on to the larger pieces so it will go faster.

I sewed down a set of funky cats for the swap today...I was just sewing along and then...hmmmmm....machine didn't sound right. I stood up to look and found that I somehow had wound about 17 miles of thread around the hand wheel on the top right end of the machine. GRRRRRR.....my "still rough" hands must have snagged it when I reached behind the machine for something (I'm terrible about leaving the spool sitting there with the tail loose when I change thread colors). GRRRRRR!! So..undid it and stopped for the day. Gawd..I'm an idiot!!!!

I'm finding that the board is pretty slow right now Elle, so it might not be all your computer. Give them time to fix it...then maybe you need to clean up some other areas of your machine.
Oh, Patti, I feel for you. I have done that a couple of times. I really try to be careful, but sometimes things just happen. The first time I couldn't get it apart to get the thread out so had to take it in for servicing, but now I know how to take care of it myself, thank Heavens.

Finished my #16 block except for the center. I'm not sure what I'll put there. I'm thinking about scanning and enlarging one of the pieces I used for the flowers and printing it on fabric, but haven't made up my mind yet, maybe the green piece.

Block 16
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177623[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-177617.jpe
Views:	40
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	177623  
Old 03-30-2011, 05:37 PM

Everyone's blocks are just lovely.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:53 AM

Lovely blocks Judy. Everyones is turning out beautiful.