Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 04-02-2011, 05:01 PM

Pat, I think you can't go wrong with any of the choices, but personally the rust is catching my eye.

Ok, so here is a picture of most what I have, the chocolate background, and some of the batiks I am using for the applique. I am in need of red batiks, I have some in yardage, but you know hate to cut it up for small hearts, lol. I know another shop has nice selection of red batiks, and every once and a while, they have FQ sale, so I'll be patiently waiting :mrgreen:

My AOTH haul
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178830[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-178824.jpe
Views:	31
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	178830  
Old 04-02-2011, 05:02 PM

Im in, been following along and Waiting not so patiently for my book to come,ah maybe this week? I'm going to enlarge to a 12" and maybe a 2nd batch with 14" Blocks ,I Love the Hearts, and I'm coming up withsome ideas all my own with hearts and flowers maybe these ideas are blooming cause the book has not bothered to show up, I'm thinking I'm gonna start with these ideas and see what I come up with while I wait.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:59 AM

Candi these are beautiful fabrics, I love your choice of background
Old 04-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Power Poster

Oh, goodie, another recruit - Kathy, have you any idea how many we are up to now?

Welcome Pro, I hope your book arrives soon.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for posting the pic candi...of course, I love them! I see a few that I have in my stash too. I like the tone of your greens...mine is more of a yellow green. I think it will turn out beautifully!

Pro, so glad you are playing on this one too!

I decided to swap out the really light scroll fabric for the yellow with more orange in it and started to sew them down last night. I'm thinking about swapping the darkest leaf for a more happy small green print....either that or I'm going to go rust on the outer leaves...Hmmmm...we'll see how it goes! thanks for your help!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:40 AM

It is difficult Patti, but an art teacher I had said jsut look at all the flowers and the colours that all just blend, yellows, greens purples and blues they just all do and I am thinking like Lesley you can just about chuck in any colour in this quilt and it blends beautifully.

Elle
Old 04-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Thanks Elle and Pat.
Welcome to the newcomers.
I am so tempted to start the AOTH, but I want to fish things before I get involved so I must wait. Loving the photos of the blocks you early birds are posting.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:45 AM

Got my book in the mail yesterday and I am now officially IN! :lol:

Now to go read the 100 pages in this thread to learn what I've gotten myself into ... :shock:
Old 04-03-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x

Now to go read the 100 pages in this thread to learn what I've gotten myself into ... :shock:
What you've gotten yourself into is an addiction. It becomes almost impossible to put these blocks down once you get started. I think my doctor is going to have a fit when he finds out how much more time I sit on my too large behind working on these blocks.

And Patti, it doesn't seem to matter what fabrics you put into a block they all seem to work together. I've gotten to the point almost where I just grab a piece out of one of my bins of batiks and cut out a pattern without paying much attention to what it is. It always seems to look okay.

Yesterday I layed out all my blocks to show a friend. Boy are they pretty all together. I'm trying to figure out how many blocks I want in the center of my quilt. I am making the 10" blocks and want to put them on point and end up with a queen size quilt. Haven't figured out the numbers yet. Need to put down the stitching and play with EQ7 a bit.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by Quilter7x

What you've gotten yourself into is an addiction. It becomes almost impossible to put these blocks down once you get started. I think my doctor is going to have a fit when he finds out how much more time I sit on my too large behind working on these blocks.

And Patti, it doesn't seem to matter what fabrics you put into a block they all seem to work together. I've gotten to the point almost where I just grab a piece out of one of my bins of batiks and cut out a pattern without paying much attention to what it is. It always seems to look okay.

Yesterday I layed out all my blocks to show a friend. Boy are they pretty all together. I'm trying to figure out how many blocks I want in the center of my quilt. I am making the 10" blocks and want to put them on point and end up with a queen size quilt. Haven't figured out the numbers yet. Need to put down the stitching and play with EQ7 a bit.
I still can't do that rabbit out of the hat thing with a bin of batiks yet, but I am addicted to these blocks too.