Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Arthritis pain >

Arthritis pain

Arthritis pain

Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 PM

I am looking for a DVD for Rhmatoid Arthritis. It's called "Yoga for Rhmatoid Arthritis". If anyone knows where I could buy this DVD would you please tell me...I heard it really helps with the pain and stiffness..Thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 PM

I am looking for a DVD for Rhmatoid Arthritis. It's called "Yoga for Rhmatoid Arthritis". If anyone knows where I could buy this DVD would you please tell me...I heard it realy helps with the pain and stiffness..Thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 07:31 PM

Advil works for me. one in the morning one at night. You will have to let whatever you use build in your system so don't expect to feel the best results right away. I have Arthritis in my hands & knees. Had a knee replaced a few years ago. Good luck, you need to use what works for your body. I would talk to my doctor though, he knows your medical condition.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Dee

I use stop pain, aleve or advil.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM

I have arthritis very bad in in both hands and have had surgery in both hands, which did not do much good and recovery was very painful.

Get to your doctor now there are several medications you can take that will help slow it down. they have come a long way with arthritis. The best thing is to invest in a wax bath. It looks like a foot bath but your melt wax. You can not imagine how wonderful your hand feel after a hot wax bath and it also make your hands very soft. See your doctor and ask him about it. The first time I used it was during theraphy for my hands after surgery. Now I use it twice a day, first thing in the morning and the last thing at night and if they are painful during the day I give my hands a dunk.

When sewing or quilting I wear a pair of those arthritis gloves for support. Your can buy them almost anywhere. Even some fabric stores have them.

Hate to say it but it only gets worse not better.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:41 PM

I was just at the doctor today with my knees, I have osteoarthritis really bad in the left knee. I have had two diffenent doctors tell me to take Glucosimine/Condroiten(sp) for and and it does help. I can tell if I miss a day. Don't know if arthritis is the same in the hands and knees, but it may be worth a try.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 PM

Me Too!
Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
I use ibprofan (sp?)
Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by nett2
What do you do for arthritis pain in the hands? I don't want to take prescription pills for it if I don't have to. It's just recently started and I haven't talked to my doctor about it yet.
I don't have much pain in my hands, just stiffness. My right wrist hardly bends at all. It is only painful occasionally. Now my back is another matter. I do take the generic form of Mobic which helps a lot. I also lay down mid day just to rest my back. I also will wash dishes in nice hot water and wash my hands to warm them up and remove a little of the finger stiffness. I find the most important thing is to keep them moving. One time I mentioned to my doctor that knitting, crocheting, and sewing were becoming difficult. He said that maybe I shouldn't be doing those things then. My reply was, "Well, that's not going to happen!" He didn't say anything.
I use Mobic, but see here that you have found it in a generic brand. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction, please? The brand name is a bit expensive.

Thanks so much,
Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 PM

I am sure glad someone brought up this topic. I have basal joint arthritis in my left hand and my orthopaedist has suggested surgery where he wants to put in some replacement part. I am holding off on that. I will be trying some of the suggestions listed here. Thanks everyone for your ideas!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:07 PM

I use Mobic, but see here that you have found it in a generic brand. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction, please? The brand name is a bit expensive.

Thanks so much,[/quote]

The generic Mobic is Meloxicam and it comes in 7.5 and 15 mg just like the brand. I've taken it for years and it's been very effective. However, with my new aches and swelling, my rheumatologist switched me to Diclofenac Sodium 75 mc twice a day. I believe it is the generic Voltaran. As with any anti-inflammatory meds, the pharmacist cautioned me to take it with a good meal, as it can cause stomach problems. Both Mobic and Voltaran habe been around for years, so I feel more comfortable taking either than I would some of the new meds.