Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Getting EQ worth it? >

Getting EQ worth it?

Getting EQ worth it?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:11 AM

Believe me, they will still be there in a week and a half. Maybe not the same offers, but new ones. I miss my EQ 5. It was ruined along with other software and my CP while it had to sit in storage for two years; yes I was just sick about it. I will be buying at least EQ 5 and upgrade as soon as possible to EQ7.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:12 AM

ISO is short for In Search Of Used in the Classified section mostly.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:14 AM
MTS
Banned

ISO = In Search Of
Old 04-06-2011, 09:14 AM

ISO mean "in search of." If you post an ISO request in the FOR SALE section of the board, someone who wants to sell theirs might see it and offer you a good price.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 AM

I LOVE EQ. I use it all the time to keep track of my inspirations. I haven't come close to using all the capabilities of the program, either, but I think it's well worth every penny I spent on it (EQ6 then upgraded to 7).

My only complaint (and this is user error) is that I cannot get my scanned fabrics to be the correct scale in the program. Eventually I'll get it figured out, but for most of what I'm doing right now, scale is not a huge factor.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

I haven't bought a quilt pattern since I've been using EQ. I really like the picture tracing feature. EQ can be used for beginners to very advanced designers so it's not a program that you will get bored with.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:24 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Photoshop Elements and regular Photoshop don't seem to have much difference between them except for the price tag. lol.
Yeah, but that is some $$difference$$. ;-)

If you do bid on a version of EQ6 , make sure you ask how many activations (lifetime max of 4*) have been used and if that particular license has already been upgraded to EQ7.

And make sure it's the standalone version of EQ6, not the upgrade version.

Both versions are really the same but the upgrade requires the serial number of the EQ5 version. I can't remember but I don't think EQ5 actually needed to be installed at the time of upgrade.

*This was a royal PITA with this version of the software, and EQ took a lot of flak for it. HD crashes, computer upgrades, etc. - 4 installs ain't that much. I went through 3 just through HD crashes and an laptop upgrade. Thankfully, they changed it for EQ7.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:30 AM

I wanted a design program, but not one that was so advanced it would be over my head and stressful to learn. So I bought the Quilt Wizard for $20 - I found it at amazon.com and I love it. I can make a new design in a short time - there are more than enough fabric/color/block combinations to keep me happy. It will create templates and figure yardage, too. I may upgrade to the EQ someday, but I don't think I need to --- I'm happy with Quilt Wizard.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Originally Posted by amma
I really think it is :D:D:D
However, if you consider the amount of enjoyment and entertainment you can get out of this program, it is very comparable to a game box and game :wink:

Maybe try ebay and look for EQ5, it will do all that you are mentioning above and is much more reasonable than EQ6 or EQ7. I have seen EQ5 for $50 on ebay before :D:D:D
Looked again and did find a couple listings of EQ6 for around $50. Unfortunatly I have to wait another week and a half for payday so they'll gone by then. But at least I'm aware they do have the older versions for a little bit cheaper.
Be aware, You can only download EQ6 a few times and then you have to pay more money for more :wink:
EQ5 and EQ7 do not have the same restrictions. :D:D:D

Good point too on watching it is the stand alone version and not the upgrade :D
Old 04-06-2011, 07:13 PM

I brought EQ5 when it was new...and it just didn't click for me. I tried on a few different occasions to read the books and try the practice stuff.

I paid $180 or something outrageous like that only to have it collect dust. I recently sold it to someone on the board...so maybe if there is someone out there that had the same dumb luck as me and just didn't like it, you might be able to get it for $50 or so.

I glad I was able to get a few dollars out of it and pass it on to someone who wanted to use it.