My boys are gone

Old 04-11-2011, 03:15 PM

I am so very sorry, They were blessed and so are you for knowing them and helping them and more importantly, loving them, they will remember you always
Old 04-11-2011, 04:11 PM

MOMS, I know how you feel, like a piece of you is missing.
We were in foster care for 18yrs. It got where I couldn't take having the childern moved. So don't do it anymore.
Prayers are with you and your family.
Wolflady
Old 04-11-2011, 05:17 PM

Thank you everyone for all the encouraging words and prayers. I spoke with the family where they are staying and she said that she would allow them to call whenever they want to and she would send me pictures. I am very grateful for that.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:26 PM

This is a part of the foster system that I have never understood. It is obviously a system that is not about the kids because moving kids is not what is in their best interest. Bless you for the wonderful job you did.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:49 PM

I am glad the boys will be able to keep in touch with you. It was so good that they spent 2 years with you. You are a wonderful person for fostering children. Hopefully one day they will let you visit them. Hugs and prayers to you and your family. God bless you!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:03 PM

My heart is with you. My friend has had 42 foster children and she keeps in touch with everyone of them. YOu have my sincere prayers for peace in your heart.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:03 PM

Sending Hugs your Way!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:07 PM

I feel your pain firsthand.One of our grandchildren was placed in our home as a foster child.we had him from age 15 mos.until he was 4.When his mother got him back it was well over a year before we saw him again and his daddy didn't get to see him for two years..
We now see him weekly and so does daddy.No matter what garbage he had his little head filled with he still wants to be with daddy and us..when he comes here he calls it coming home..I will pray for you ,your family and the children...I know what it's like to go through this.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by moms_pantry
Thank you everyone for all the encouraging words and prayers. I spoke with the family where they are staying and she said that she would allow them to call whenever they want to and she would send me pictures. I am very grateful for that.
That was going to be my question....whether you would still be able to have contact with them......and I'm so glad that you will be able to speak with them. I could never be a foster parent........for this very reason. Smile and remember all the wonderful things they gained from the first step they took coming into your home. Look forward to the next ones.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:56 PM

Well.....my heart aches for you & your family. Badly. I know this pain as my DS & DDIL were foster parents hoping to adopt. At 19 mos. they were so afraid that the child would be placed back with his birth mom. After an atty and many sleepless days & nights (4 mos) they did get to keep & adopt the baby. During that 4 mos it was a total hell. They just kept telling my DH & I that if it did not work out, at least they gave him the best they could as a foundation to grow on. So please try to look at it that way & maybe it will somehow lessen the pain in some way. I will keep you & your family & the children in my prayers.