Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder >

Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder

Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder

Old 04-15-2011, 09:07 AM

Hey, one more piece of fabric won't hurt. Right? I can quit buying fabric any time I want...:)
Old 04-15-2011, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
OK Mike, weren't you just asking, like 2 or 3 days ago about the names of quilt shops for you to visit on your road trip? Just wondering...
LOL! HUSH! How can I NOT visit them on a cross country tour....I'll just LOOK....I SWEAR! :oops:
Old 04-15-2011, 09:08 AM

And this is a problem... WHY?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 AM

So let's just not stress over it and come to this board to confess and make us feel better. We are not alone in doing this. I was watching a show on TLC called extreme couponing and after that I don't feel bad about my fabric at all. Some of those people had thousands of one item just because they had a coupon for it and doing that took them hours just to prepare to go grocery shoping. To me that's food hording but hay, if that makes them feel good then who am I to judge but I no longer feel bad about my fabric and I'll bet there is not one of us who would not make a quilt for a needy person or as a charity project. Just my opinion but I love each and every little inch of my beautiful fabric even if I don't know what I will do with it.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Banned

Mike: If that first post was Step 1.......am wondering what the other steps (2-12) are going to be.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:17 AM

Oh, Michael - permission granted to visit those shops on your trip. You will even be allowed to purchase, but you'll have to sneak those kits into the house from your RAV4 so you'll have room to hide more. Hehehe. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by miholmes
Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
OK Mike, weren't you just asking, like 2 or 3 days ago about the names of quilt shops for you to visit on your road trip? Just wondering...
LOL! HUSH! How can I NOT visit them on a cross country tour....I'll just LOOK....I SWEAR! :oops:
Old 04-15-2011, 09:18 AM

LOL I read this as I have several boxes of fabric scraps I just received. lol
Judy
Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 AM

I understand and feel your pain!! I found out two days ago that my daughter's god parents will be coming to Montana in about 3 weeks to watch her march in her University graduation. I started finding places to stash all of the plastic tubs that I have in the downstairs guest closet so that they do not find out the "little" secret. My husband will find out when he goes down to help me make sure everything is in order for their arrival but I think he knows about it already.
I just see fabric & think I may never find it again so I had better get at least 1/2 yard (usually more like a full yard).
Do you know of any quilters anonymous meetings or should I just start one in my area?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:30 AM

Hi Michael!

My name is Valerie and I am a fabric collector also. Let's be positive about this ... if your budget is above water, you can walk through your house, YOU ARE FINE!

You can't take it with you ... and quilter's love to share. If you are feeling out of control of your stash, that is another issue and will just take time sorting, folding, and creating. Possibly destashing via the site here or ebay.

Would we begrudge an water color or oil painting artist their paints, brushes etc? They don't own just one or two and often have to buy something new for a new project.

It is all in how you look at it. Have a great day!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM

LOL...I feel like I'm reading my own story! Welcome to our world!

I've found it easier to cut back a little since I removed myself from some of the email lists. It's a lot of temptation!