Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Rie

trupeach1 that was very touching. the love you have for your quilting sister is worth the risk of offending others. By the way I wasn't offended at all. That may be just what Leota needed to hear. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Leota...............you know I love you and my heart goes out to you but remember DH has lived way beyond what was expected. God has a plan for all of us, we have no chocies in life, we have to except what that plan is. A life can be gone in an instant due to anything. Wheather it be illness or accident. 9-15 years is a long time you don't know what could happend with medicine in that amount of time. We can't decide what will happen to us or a loved one. All we can do is leave it to our maker and know that whatever we are going through, whatever the outcome it was suppose to be. We will get through it know matter how hard it might be or how we don't think we can do it somehow there is an inner strenght. You will make it know matter what happens and you will know you are loved not by your quilting family but by Our Lord Jesus Christ who died for us to be saved.

I know we are not suppose to write about our beliefs or faith and if I offened anyone by writing this I am sorry!
Thank you Tru...
Yes, I know all these things but it's still so hard...
I'm still tearing up today but haven't been crying like yesterday... I've never cried like that ever...
Old 04-20-2011, 02:08 PM

Leota,
Sometimes we need a good cry. Go ahead, my shoulders are very broad and I'm sending you a biiiiiiig hug right now.

God is with you and we are with you. You are not alone.

Hold up your shoulders and put one foot in front of the other and keep on trudging. Some days that is all I can do. But it is enough.

We love you.
MJ
Old 04-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Banned

I finished Elizabeths b-day quilt with time to spare. Isn't that amazing so I made a matching pillow today and still come in 3 days ahead of time.............I AM GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Now if I was that good on my diet I would be OK. I have still be eating crap......and now the next few days will be more crap. Hot cross buns Friday. All sorts of desserts for Easter. Sunday I am making ham for when Jim comes in from Mass with pasta salad and cole slaw then for dinner turkey, mashed potato the works. I envision split pea soup with the ham bone, turkey rice soup and turkey pot pie. Actully I like the leftover or what I do with the leftovers better. There will be tons for Jim to take home. It is only the 2 of us Joyce is going to St Louis with her friend. Her friend moved here from St Louis a few years ago so they are going to visit her friends. Why do I always cook for an army............
Old 04-20-2011, 07:12 PM

Three days before Easter is not the best time to be starting a diet, but Lord knows, I will evaluate everything I think about putting in my body. I think with all your support, I will find the strength to behave myself and make healthier choices.....
Old 04-20-2011, 09:59 PM

HI all I feel as tho I have been gone for such a long time. Leota you will find the strength to deal with what life brings. I will keep you in my prayers.
Mj you are not alone I have gained this month also, to much eating out and always in a hurry. I eat the wrong things. Don't give up just start fresh each day That's what I am doing I'll lose the same pounds again and again until I succeed.
Tue Easter dinner sounds great. It will be just DH and myself for Easter so baked potato and a ribeye steak with green beans and whole cranberries.
Need to go read the last several days postings to get up to speed with you all.
Have a blessed Easter
Gail
Old 04-21-2011, 12:58 AM

I agree thanks for puting that way for all of us
Old 04-21-2011, 04:06 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Good morning my friends. I haven't been posting but i have been lurking.

Leota I hope you have a wonderful day today and each day after. Maybe it's time for a home health care nurse a couple days a week so that you can take a break and have time just for you.

MJ I haven't had time to check out freelancer yet. These charity quilts are starting to kick my butt.

I have over eaten the last two days and now I feel like crap. That what I get.

I will spend most of the day working on my quilts. You all have a wonderful day.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Leota I hope you have a wonderful day today and each day after. Maybe it's time for a home health care nurse a couple days a week so that you can take a break and have time just for you.

We have a home health aide that comes out once a week and helps her bath... that alone is a tremendous help. We are working on getting the paperwork submitted for financial assistance for DH and Mom because I can't work due to caring for the two of them. God is holding me close... and your prayers are covering me with hope and love... thank you all....
Old 04-21-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie C
Three days before Easter is not the best time to be starting a diet, but Lord knows, I will evaluate everything I think about putting in my body. I think with all your support, I will find the strength to behave myself and make healthier choices.....
My take on holiday foods: Which holiday food do you think of as THE holiday food? The one thing you must eat or it just isn't Easter. Is it a chocolate, marshmellow egg, deviled/colored easter eggs, ham, jelly beans, hot cross buns, cheese cake, etc? Think about it long and hard. Then, when the time comes for this to be served, eat it. Like a normal person, put it on your plate and eat it. Savor it, enjoy it, love it, feel the completness of the holiday through it. Take tiny bites and love every crumb, lick the plate if you want too. One normal serving of this won't kill your diet. It probably won't even be felt on the scales. Enjoy it and don't feel guilty. This means Easter has come and you can have it again...next year.

Later, drink some cold clear water to help your body handle the extra few calories and pat yourself on the back for your having eaten and enjoyed this perfect food in a reasonable manner...you ate like a normal person. Yeah for you! Your fight with food is beginning to end.