Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 04-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Thanks for all the warm welcomes to the group... and Judy G thanks a BUNCH for the info on needle turning inside corners. they have always been my downfall as i am self taught, but i think i will go practice on some heart shapes to get the hang of them before i start the actual quilt.

I still have to get my book, but i am really ready to begin this one.
YIPPPE KI YAY!!!

:-)
Maureen
Old 04-24-2011, 11:57 AM

Hope your book comes soon Maureen, looking forward to seeing your first block

Elle
Old 04-24-2011, 04:12 PM

Welcome toomanyufo's and maureen! BTW, just so you know, I haven't started any blocks and don't have most of my fabric! LOL

ToomanyUfo's, don't wonder... buy the Karen Kay Buckley video. Well worth the $$ and well worth your time. I sat down and listened and took notes on every piece of equipment she suggests and on each of the secments she covers. I thoroughly got excited about applique (I was previously lacking in this department) and even hand applique. I will have to find out if hand applique will work with my arthritic thumbs but I will at least give it a go. You probably said what your first name is but silly me missed it.

LindaAnn

:-D
Old 04-24-2011, 04:14 PM

d.rickman, I love your block and your bobbin work. I can't remember what it was last week that also turned me onto and intrigued me with bobbin work. I have been reading up on it. Thank you for all that you shared, including photos. Photos help me soooo much!

LindaAnn :-D
Old 04-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Donna, your block is just gorgeous! I have done bobbin work exactly 1 time. I loved doing it, but opted to try hand embroidery on this one. It wasn't hard when I tried it in a class, but I was nervous about placement on this quilt. You and Kathy have that issue all worked out though!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I found your blocks first Linda (of the purple background) and I thought I didn´t know you had joined us and was thrilled you had, but then I find this post saying you only decided 10 days ago and I couldn´t believe it.

Welcome to the Home of the Insane Quilters and you blocks are yummy
:lol: is this home anything like "Hotel California?"...
the song by the Eagles. ;-)
...you can come in, but you can never leave?
Quilting home? who would want to leave?
- this mousie is stayin! :thumbup:
Old 04-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Merlin's Mama
Just went to web site for the batiks. I have not ordered yet but when I do I will be a bad mama. A really really bad mama!!! Very nice web site.
:lol: I love yer style!!! :lol:
Old 04-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Yup, yup, yup.....Linda, I'm surprised that it took you this long to figure out that we are certifiable! Did you know notice that when we were doing Jane??? LOL! ROTFLMBO!!

I'm soo glad you are joining us, I'm trotting off to go find your blocks now. The grape sounds fabulous my dear!
patti...I have definitely decided that yer cat must be French...look at that curl in his tail! why is that French? I'm not sure...Italian chef moustache? maybe that's what I'm thinking!
what a character you have captured in fabric! :XD:
Old 04-24-2011, 11:26 PM

i'm starting to lurk here a little more. as much as DJ will let me. glad i caught Judyg's innie tip, tho. my hand applique on DJ is getting better with practice. i even enjoy it now. and am redoing DJ melons, points, or etc. here and there. got the AOTH book. think i'm going to stash bust on the rest....
Old 04-25-2011, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewNso
i'm starting to lurk here a little more. as much as DJ will let me. glad i caught Judyg's innie tip, tho. my hand applique on DJ is getting better with practice. i even enjoy it now. and am redoing DJ melons, points, or etc. here and there. got the AOTH book. think i'm going to stash bust on the rest....
I put a few pics here on page 26/27 that might help you SewNso, and perhaps some other newbies too. I used contrasting thread on the needleturn so that people could see the stitches, but they would disappear more with matching thread.