Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • what do you like/not like about where you live >
  • what do you like/not like about where you live

• what do you like/not like about where you live

Old 04-25-2011, 09:31 AM

Barbara, I live in Louisiana, close to New Orleans. I was born in Jackson, MS, but have lived here in Louisiana since I was 2 yrs old. My parents are both from here. The things I do not like about this climate is the heat and the hurricanes, but I guess where ever you go you will face tornados, hurricanes, quakes, etc. Also, I wish we had mountains. I went to Denver, CO about five years ago and that was the most awesome trip I have taken. MOUNTAINS, MOUNTAINS, MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!! I can't say enough good things about the area.
    Old 04-25-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by jean1941
    Born Texan and still Texan been lots of places but only li\/ed in Texas and there is no where else to be
    Ditto for me...Texas all my life. Loved Austin, hated the traffic. Live on the Coast now....love the coastal life, but not crazy about hurricane season!
    Old 04-25-2011, 09:50 AM

I was raised in Reno Beach on Lake Erie as in our front yard was the lake so we fished year round we had speed boat -ice skates- floods -snow up to the 2nd story windows- good schools- great neighbors-less than 600 and that included cats and dogs mostly ours and would love to live there again its the only part of ohio worth living in.I've lived in 10 other states and Lebanon,Missouri is my favorite and I'll be moving there as soon as I can sell out- nicer people- a slower pace- less crime- lower taxes-usually longer growing season To me this is the ideal place to live

I was born and raised in New York (Lake George area in the Adirondacks) and loved it. Left when I married at 18 and lived in Norfolk and Portsmouth,VA, Biloxi,MS, Cheyenne,WY, Charlotte and Indian Trail,NC, Charleston,SC, Austin,TX, Mesa,AZ, Hahn,GERMANY, Stein and Uden, HOLLAND, AND Villota de Chions,ITALY.

I loved it everywhere we have been. I have only one complaint about Biloxi,MS - the bugs, bugs and more bugs...

What I loved most in all the places we lived are the people we met.

We spent about 13 years in Europe and it was an adventure.

We have retired in AZ because our daughters live here along with our 4 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren, but if I had to choose a place to live other than AZ I would go back to my roots in the Adirondacks or to WV where my husband was born and raised...but would not like the long winters in either place now that we are seniors.

I spent many, many years in Phoenix, Arizona, then moved about fifteen years ago to the green hills of East Tennessee. I love it here, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to live in a City and make my career there. At this point in my life, I'm grateful for the quiet and solitude.
    Old 04-25-2011, 10:32 AM

I think we live in the garden of Eden. I get tired of the gray(usually wet) days of winter. The last two years it has been drier during the winter but late cold and wet springs. I think we have only had 3 days or so over 60 this year. All in all I love it here because we have the ocean, mountains, beautiful and fertile valley and high desert within short driving time.
    Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123
    I was raised in Reno Beach on Lake Erie as in our front yard was the lake so we fished year round we had speed boat -ice skates- floods -snow up to the 2nd story windows- good schools- great neighbors-less than 600 and that included cats and dogs mostly ours and would love to live there again its the only part of ohio worth living in.I've lived in 10 other states and Lebanon,Missouri is my favorite and I'll be moving there as soon as I can sell out- nicer people- a slower pace- less crime- lower taxes-usually longer growing season To me this is the ideal place to live
    You're kidding! Reno Beach? I have had family that lived out there and when I was little we lived off Bayshore Road, very close to the Lake. Small world.
    Melody
    Old 04-25-2011, 10:55 AM

Born and raised in Iowa. After 40 years work transferred to Ohio for 3 years. 23 years ago transferred to Delaware and really love it here, except for the traffic at times, but being retired you can pick the time the traffic is light.

Live in Newark were the University of Delaware is located, really brings life to the town. Also very close to PA Amish country. They have some really neat Amish store that carry good brands of fabric and quilting supplies at very reasonable prices.
    Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM

Born and lived in Massachusetts until the age of 35, hated every minute of it there.

Moved to central Maine and there's nothing I don't love about it here, except maybe this winter.
    Old 04-25-2011, 01:13 PM

Born and raised in Michigan. Now that I am older I really dislike the cold winters. Love the summers even the humidity. Wouldn't mind moving further south but my family is all here.