Sacrificed the Featherweight!

Old 04-26-2011, 06:36 AM

What a nice thing you did. Maybe your little sister will do the right thing and have a change of heart one day? Just think about all the guilt she has every time she looks at the lamp. She can't be enjoying it all that much.

I got a scroll plate from Ebay several years ago for my featherweight so I know they're findable, although I've also seen scroll plate machines for sale occasionally. Good luck with your search!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 AM

Your sacrafice and unselfish compassion for your sisters feeling will be richly rewarded, especially when you gave it with joy. What a gret lesson. Thank you for sharing!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:41 AM

I lost my sister in 2007 and wish every day I had her back.I only had one.So many times I want to pick up the phone and call her and I cant. My mom died 2009 and im the only girl left.I get real lonley and want to cry.Husband doesn't understand because he has all his brother and sisters and talks to them a lot.We moved to Az in 2005 and haven't met many people to hang with.So please put all differences aside and be glad you have your siters to talk to and even squable with.Once their gone its forever.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Kas

Y'all are making me cry again! I asked her why she took it knowing it was supposed to be mine. Her response was since I took a box of junk jewelry that had been my grandmother's (sister was in 3rd grade) that I got everything. What? Daddy gave her the sterling jewelry from the same grandmother. I got the old missmatched stuff she hadn't worn in 20 years. She told me it was all about me. No, it's all about honor. I know there is a beautiful featherweight out there with my name on it. The only reason I haven't gotten one yet is because I knew someday my mom would give me hers and it is more special. But Doty wanted it and really, I am so glad it is where it will be loved and not taken just because it "matches" which is what is going on with the lamp. It is just stuff, but it's also the thought of the thing and how it all went down. I love you guys!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

My two girls are adults and I told them anything of the house hold items that you feel is 'your's from your childhood memories ask me if you can take it now. I got rid of a lot of items I didn't need to keep anymore and they each got what they thought was most important to them. They don't sew or quilt so my stash and machines were safe. I knew that before I told them to pick now. LOL. Funny, they picked items that I never thought about. From a casserole dish that was on our table almost every night to my grandfather's old ash tray.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:02 AM

Bless your heart! I agree with the others, what goes around comes around. You will be blessed because of your kindness and compassion! And, what a great role model your big sis is!!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:03 AM

You are so unselfish. Not many would be so big and kind. You will be blessed, maybe find one at a very low price. :thumbup: I sure hope your sister appreciates you.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:04 AM

Boy, it is SO HARD to lose a parent and have the emotional trappings of memories attached to their things! I have five siblings and when our mom died almost six years ago, there were (and still are to some extent) hurt feelings about things with memories attached.

I pray for my family and all others who go through this. My mom had nothing of significant monetary value, however I could almost cry when I see one of my siblings with something they don't give a hoot about, but I have loads of memories wrapped up in that particular object.

Bless you for being able to let go. That was a brave and loving thing to do!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 AM

So many people would have just taken it anyway. You considered your sister's feelings, how thoughtful and kind. That was very generous of you.

God bless you..
Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grannypat7925
Fighting over worldly 'stuff' doesn't do anybody any good. Keeping the peace makes you feel good! ....
Sometimes it is necessary to stand up to others - and the regret over not doing that lingers.