Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What do you think can be made out of these.......... >

What do you think can be made out of these..........

What do you think can be made out of these..........

Old 03-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

Oh you could make say a checkbook cover.... a cell phone case....bookmarks.....hotpads!!!! etc etc I love what you are making and will enjoy seeing what you are adding to them!
By the way I finished my first cell phone case today!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by NAIROD
YOU ARE A TALENT I WANT TO GET TO KNOW !!! :D

SINCE YOU SEEM TO KNOW HOW TO DO STUFF, HOW ABOUT
SOME ADVICE. I WANT TO FIND SOMEONE TO HAND QUILT
A XMAS QUILT SO I CAN GIVE TO MY GRANDMA. I CAN'T HAND QUILT
MUCH ANYMORE SINCE I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH RSD ( FORM OF
MS). ALSO, I WANT TO MAKE A QUILT WHERE EACH BLOCK
ONLY HAS 3 PIECES FOR A QUEEN SIZW BED. I WANT ONLY
TOILE FABRIC IN BURGUNDY, YELLOW/GOLD AND GREEN.

ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF?
Thanks for your comments Dorian, but as you see I live in Spain, so I can't recommend how to find a quilter to do your quilt, but I am sure lots of people here will have good advice for you, if you make a separate post so it will get more notice that way :D

If you do a google search for big block quilt patterns, you will find a number of modern contemporary designs that only use 2 or three fabrics in large pieces, they can look really stunning...good luck!! :D
Old 03-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Oh you could make say a checkbook cover.... a cell phone case....bookmarks.....hotpads!!!! etc etc I love what you are making and will enjoy seeing what you are adding to them!
By the way I finished my first cell phone case today!
Excellent Rhonda, I look forward to seeing it :D I have never made a bookmark before, I don't particularly like how the bottom has turned out where I slipped stitched it closed...but I think if I had used timtex it would have been better, I used that in the fabric postcards I made, here's a link to them if you didn't see them first time :wink:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/10636.page
Old 03-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by Izy
Errmmm, might choose something else like a rotary cutter, been working in the garden for the last few weeks and it shows lol!! Will see what I can do for you Mama!!
I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :lol: Got a splinter today in my thumb off those raised beds and my first thought was oh thank goodness not a sewing finger! :D

K x
that's funny, k,...[color=blue]thank goodness not a sewing finger[/color]. I have done the same thing! we are like surgeons about our "hand" tools, lol! :wink:
Old 03-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

Izy was just drooling and devouring every picture, and then, lo and behold, you did one with a ruler, - the block I love the most. It might be some kind of star? dunno, but it's smashing...I'm gobsmacked too :shock: , whatever that is :D ...from the way you and Elle talk, I think it's like flabbergasted in a BIG way! :lol:
Old 03-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Izy

:lol: :lol: :lol: , we say gob smacked here too :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a mariners compass block, but it wasn't called that on the pattern, they called in 'Sun'
Old 03-19-2009, 04:54 PM

Amazing Izy~~~ Simply amazing! I've been working on a miniature storm at sea and your right when you say you need to take a break every once and awhile. Paper piecing is the only way to do mini's. I've done a few with out and it's easier for me using paper. excited to see how yours looks when finished. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Izy was just drooling and devouring every picture, and then, lo and behold, you did one with a ruler, - the block I love the most. It might be some kind of star? dunno, but it's smashing...I'm gobsmacked too :shock: , whatever that is :D ...from the way you and Elle talk, I think it's like flabbergasted in a BIG way! :lol:
"Gob smacked" its like totally lost for words. "Gob" is slang for mouth in England so smacked in the mouth :lol: :lol:
Old 03-19-2009, 11:52 PM
k3n
Power Poster

And someone 'gobby' is someone who talks a lot and is cheeky - I learned that one quite early in life! LOL

K x
Old 03-19-2009, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Cathie :, Come on over and following me around all you like, I would love to share ideas with all my friends up close and personal, I am fascinated how everyone has their own ways of doing things :D :D :D I might drive you abit batty as I like to sing at the same time punctuated with frequent cussing I might add :lol: :roll: :lol:

Terri, You are always so generous with your encouragement...but I like it :D :D :D Bless you, so I am impressed Bill now, well I say..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :D
Izy...he just loves the work that you ladies in Spain do. He told me when I go to visit to bring an empty suitcase so I can take home the quilts. lol

He loves all the quilts I show him and I show him pretty much all of them..that is when he is home. If he's not here, well suffice to say, he doesn't get to see any. lol I show him pics of the pets, people, quilts, countryside...everything. He loves them
But he's soo amazed by how small those blocks are. He asked me if I could make them. I said sure, but they won't look as good as yours! :) :)