Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 05-02-2011, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by JanetWall
Oh my god! Look at the block I got in the mail today! It is beautiful! Overwhelming! From sapdoggie. Thank you so much! Would you like to do another block swap?
Glad you liked the block :!:
Old 05-02-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
received 3 blocks today from sapdoggie love them they will be perfect in my new star quilt

thanks Linda
Glad you liked them. Stars are becoming one of my favorite things to make ;-) ;-) ;-)
Old 05-02-2011, 03:13 PM

Hi Everyone, I would like your advise, please. I sent out my block to my partner last month, took me all month to come up with something "modern"...now I am having senders remorse...I want that block back...I am feeling it is more "simple country"..so I am making another to send, but I'm still stuck on what is "modern"....if it were you what would you do? Boy, sure wish I would have asked this question last month, hopefully not to late to make a wrong, right...thanks for any suggestions! (PS..this months block is going great).
Old 05-02-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by tangledthread
Hi Everyone, I would like your advise, please. I sent out my block to my partner last month, took me all month to come up with something "modern"...now I am having senders remorse...I want that block back...I am feeling it is more "simple country"..so I am making another to send, but I'm still stuck on what is "modern"....if it were you what would you do? Boy, sure wish I would have asked this question last month, hopefully not to late to make a wrong, right...thanks for any suggestions! (PS..this months block is going great).
If it were me, I'd PM my partner and ask for her honest opinion as to whether the original block was something that fits her idea of "modern". Let your partner know your honest thoughts about it and, from what I gather from above, that you're happy to make a new block in its place. I've PM'd several partners over the months to ask for clarification on their theme. Each one has been gracious and patient and willing to answer any questions I have. Like you, I've suffered sender's remorse, although it's usually been because I liked the block so much I didn't want to send it away. :roll: I also have been guilty of second guessing myself and being my own worse critic, thinking that what I've mailed off couldn't possibly be satisfactory to the receiver. I've even offered to reimburse for postage if my partner wants to mail the block back to me. So far, each partner has chosen to keep his/her block. Before beating yourself up, please find out what your partner's opinion is and don't worry too much. :wink: :wink:
Old 05-02-2011, 03:55 PM

Thanks sew cornie, I have PM'd her and she has been very gracious, I am the one fretting...hopefully first block jitters. It is easy to make a quilt for family and friends, none of them quilt, but a block, that another quilter will see the front and the back...that is nerve racking. On to my second one, maybe after a few the jitters will go away!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:01 PM

tangled thread - love that name by the way- the name of the game is to have fun and meet new friends. We are all beginners at something and have jitters over things. Enjoy the time and have fun learning new things.
Welcome to the swap :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-02-2011, 04:01 PM

tangled thread - love that name by the way- the name of the game is to have fun and meet new friends. We are all beginners at something and have jitters over things. Enjoy the time and have fun learning new things.
Welcome to the swap :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-02-2011, 05:05 PM

Hi I am your partner for this month, so I should be easy, our colors are very close lol, I think I have just the fabric for yours
Old 05-02-2011, 05:16 PM

I figured out my layout for my turtle quilt.

the blue turtles are blocks I'm going to make out of turtle fabirc. the green turtles are blocks i'm going to applique turtles on. (lol if you wanna make me a turtle block instead, i'd be happy to swap!)

=)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-192184.jpe
Views:	77
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	192190  
Old 05-02-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
Hi I am your partner for this month, so I should be easy, our colors are very close lol, I think I have just the fabric for yours
Hi Short an Sweet, I am looking forward to starting a new adventure! lol!