Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM

Awww Wenot you have absolutly beautiful children! You can tell your son is so proud of his little sister. Congrats!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by pennyj123
I feel so bad, i am one of those ladies that sent out late and it has to now travel afar, so that means it is gonna take even longer. BUT i have sent it and hopefully it will get through all your tornados and climatic weather and that the recipient will be happy with her squishy. Again i am sorry for sending out late, there should be no excuse, but i can come up with a few if required. {{{hugs}}} pls forgive me.

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
How many people are on the bench who didn't receive a gift for April? This is sad to hear!! I may be speaking out of turn here..BUT I am going to say it anyway..

LADIES IF YOU HAVEN'T MAILED OUT A PACKAGE TO YOUR SECRET PAL FOR APRIL PLEASE DO IT NOW!!!

This isn't fair for you gals to have to wait and not get a giftie..I am sure y'all have sent yours out in a timely manner..
crafty_linda_b
Good things come to those who wait. :-)
Old 05-03-2011, 05:19 PM

That certainly looks like a very proud big brother. Bless your heart, it's a wonder you got a package in the mail at all.

Deby
Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by wenot
Here are a few pics...
My swap finally went out today to my partner in Canada, i am sorry to be so terribly late; I was hospitalized in my 35th week of pregnancy due to help syndrom, had the baby a month early and she just got home from the hospital a few days ago, life has been crazy around here, as we did not quite finish the nursery, and had to find babysitters all the time for our boy to visit our babygirl in the hospital.
But everything is fine now!!!
What an absolutely gorgeous family! She is so precious and what a cutie your little guy is.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:40 PM

wenot, What a precious family and big brother looks so happy and proud!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:52 AM

I have not received my April package yet either but go home and check the front porch each day!! Hopefully I have not been forgotten!! Take Care all, Julie
Old 05-04-2011, 10:07 AM

Whoo Hoo my squishy has arrived. Going to open it in a few minutes and will be back with a photo and thank you to my SP
Old 05-04-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by Janetlmt
My son in law eats marmite every day. I haven't tried it yet..but to me it looks like beef base. I will try it sometime.
You've not lived until you have eaten Marmite. I have given it a capital as it is a brand name. I've not got any in the house at the moment :cry: but it is a beefy and quite salty spread. Fabulous on toast. We had a advert campaign on TV recently based on the fact that you either love it or hate it - it was quite funny.
Tussy, I'm very glad you told me/all of us that it is beef based, as I am vegetarian, I know of Marmite from a client in my salon (she is from England), she brought me a jar of it and said exactly that either you love it or hate it. On the jar it says it's yeast, I wondered about that but Ginny said that it's a vegetable spread. She also said that a little goes a long way, so use it sparingly. We can buy it here in Florida at our supermarkets. I would love your receipe for homemade lemon curd. Thank you for your very generous offer. I would love to TRY to make it.
Oooooooops red face here - must have had a senior moment. I mixed up the ingredients of Beefy with Marmite. Marmite is suitable for vegetarians is it IS yeast based.

I'v not had it for a while as it is very salty and not good for my blood pressure.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:18 AM

Here are a few pics...
My swap finally went out today to my partner in Canada, i am sorry to be so terribly late; I was hospitalized in my 35th week of pregnancy due to help syndrom, had the baby a month early and she just got home from the hospital a few days ago, life has been crazy around here, as we did not quite finish the nursery, and had to find babysitters all the time for our boy to visit our babygirl in the hospital.
But everything is fine now!!!
That looks like a good reason, to me, to be late. Your reason looks beautiful and big brother looks very excited too! Congratulations.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:20 PM

Suzanne, thank you so much for the gorgeous things you sent me in this April swap. I love it all, especially the chicken poop lip gloss!

I also love to cook so will enjoy the recipes between the sewing. The black & white fabric will look gorgeous in my almost finished new kitchen. I will wait until it is finished before I decide what I will do with it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-192791.jpe
Views:	34
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	192797