For all seniors

Old 05-03-2011, 01:50 PM

Very good, sending it to all my children and my sewing group.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:40 PM

I'll drink to that.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Dee

lol
Old 05-03-2011, 08:21 PM

So very true.........and I'm sending it to all the "know it all"
youngsters who think they know everything.......like I did when I was their age! :oops:

I adopted a saying in my early twenties......and that was a great time to grow up..(in the '60's - so you know my age).

It is simply this: The older I get the more I realize how little I really know. It was true then and it is even more so now. :thumbup:
Old 05-03-2011, 08:41 PM

I agree and Nicely said :thumbup:
Old 05-03-2011, 09:15 PM

Amen and so true. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:34 PM

This whole list is so true. I want to add one more that really bugs me.

It wasn't seniors who decided to let their boobs hang out all over the place. That's just more of somebody else's skin than I care to see.

These girls (& mature aged women) think it's attractive to men but they don't see the sneers & crude comments, & snickers men make behind their backs.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:01 PM

Enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:04 PM

Well I've debated with myself for awhile, and this Rticle has some really funny comments we can all relate to--- but as a teacher since 1975 (I'm 58 and a baby boomer) I can't let the younger generations take all the blame. I was in school when Madelyn Murray O'Hare fought to get prayer out of schools-she was born in 1919 and her peers stood by and let it happen. I watched those older than I (many would be over 65 now) scream "baby killers!" at my brother and his fellow soldiers when they returned from Vietnam ( he died from complications from Agent Orange a few years ago). I'd also suggest a review of all the news footage during the civil rights movement. Those weren't teenagers doing the screaming, burning, beating and shooting. Last thing, I graduated from high school in '70 and I remember the age of those selling the drugs, preaching "free love" and marriage being another lie "from the man", burning their bras, higher than kites dancing in the mud at Woodstock, and it's the older adults often talking through the national anthem at our school's football games. Sorry everybody, but the truth is the truth. Every generation has it's mistakes and skeletons.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
Well I've debated with myself for awhile, and this Rticle has some really funny comments we can all relate to--- but as a teacher since 1975 (I'm 58 and a baby boomer) I can't let the younger generations take all the blame. I was in school when Madelyn Murray O'Hare fought to get prayer out of schools-she was born in 1919 and her peers stood by and let it happen. I watched those older than I (many would be over 65 now) scream "baby killers!" at my brother and his fellow soldiers when they returned from Vietnam ( he died from complications from Agent Orange a few years ago). I'd also suggest a review of all the news footage during the civil rights movement. Those weren't teenagers doing the screaming, burning, beating and shooting. Last thing, I graduated from high school in '70 and I remember the age of those selling the drugs, preaching "free love" and marriage being another lie "from the man", burning their bras, higher than kites dancing in the mud at Woodstock, and it's the older adults often talking through the national anthem at our school's football games. Sorry everybody, but the truth is the truth. Every generation has it's mistakes and skeletons.
Well put, so I suppose it's up to those of us in every generation to make sure those in our generation who insist on tearing down our beliefs and positive attitudes and pride do not succeed...........we need to also speak our mind.