Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 05-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

What about using one of those cheapy little silver needle threaders to help pull it through? I'm using one on a big crewel needle to get that thick Razzle Dazzle through to do my embroidery.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I love the finished product when you use razzle dazzle in your bobbin, but I would find it too difficult to try and thread a needle with invisable thread.

think the name of the needle you need is a Crewel needle
Elle, I am using meatllic DMC, so it is visible, it just ravels...a lot. I googled these crewel needles, they may work, thank you. I ned to go see what they have at tye store.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
Hi Candi, I have a home repair needle set, and the tapestry needle with a sharp point is the one I use, it has a fairly large eye, sometimes I have to split the DMC and put through one strand at a time (there are only two strands on the DMC that I am using), sometimes I also have to use the "clover hole punch" being careful not to break the threads, just enough to open the threads in order to pull the tails to the back. I hope this helps
Donna, the one I am using is two strands too...it just ravels a lot and quickly. I don't think I have ever seen a tapestery needle before, will check them out, thanks. And the clover hole punch sounds interesting.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
What about using one of those cheapy little silver needle threaders to help pull it through? I'm using one on a big crewel needle to get that thick Razzle Dazzle through to do my embroidery.
Hmmm...Pat, this is interesting, I am trying to picture that...surely I have one of these somewhere. Thanks for the idea, will see what I can do.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:49 PM

I have just been catching up looking through all the AOTH threads.

Wow Lesley and Patti - your centre blocks make a stunning sight. The different colourings give each of them a unique look - just beautiful.

I see the JTG club seems to be growing - lovely blocks everyone. They all make a great reference point for the rest of us and it's nice to see questions and answers ready and waiting to assist when we get to that point.

Sorry to read about "the cat incident" Kathy. Having had geriatric pets I understand these things just have to be accepted sometimes. Look forward to seeing more pics of your new blocks.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

Aww, thanks Deecee...I can't wait for the whole group to get started to see all the different ideas and colors. That makes it sooo much fun!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:15 AM

What did you decide on the lighter block, Patti?
Old 05-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

LOL...Ducky...I've been "ducking" that decision...haven't made it quite yet.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
Forgot to mention that I ordered the Karen Kay Buckley applique video for Mother's Day and today I went to a quilt store to get more batiks. The quilt store has the best selection of batiks in our area, but it is a 3hr drive one way. I should be ready to start soon.
Did you get a chance to go through her video? I bought it recently and learned a ton. It actually made me excited about applique and the possibility of me actually liking it. You don't know me well enough to know that is a miracle all in itself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: I took my time and went through it carefully, pausing and watching and taking notes for supplies. I got the little scissors and LOVE them. :-D
Old 05-11-2011, 05:06 PM

I think I'm in, just depends on what happens at the Dr on Friday.