Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 05-13-2011, 07:23 AM

PokerDiva -- have always loved that bird print, but then ... I made a lap quilt for my daughter using that panel with the multicolored backgrounds. Turned out fabulous. It's a great fabric. Also love the companion, all over smaller birds without the blocks -- made her cafe curtains for her sunroom.
Originally Posted by moosegirl
Wow this group has been working really hard and producing fabulous blocks and I just rec'd an extra from PokerDiva for my new quilt with a bird theme. And I will be mailing yours out today. Thankyou Moosegirl
Old 05-13-2011, 07:23 AM

oops - hit button twice - double posting
Old 05-13-2011, 08:11 AM

I didn't see the companion fabric. I will have to look again when I am in there. Those work well for someone with a bird theme.

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
PokerDiva -- have always loved that bird print, but then ... I made a lap quilt for my daughter using that panel with the multicolored backgrounds. Turned out fabulous. It's a great fabric. Also love the companion, all over smaller birds without the blocks -- made her cafe curtains for her sunroom.
Originally Posted by moosegirl
Wow this group has been working really hard and producing fabulous blocks and I just rec'd an extra from PokerDiva for my new quilt with a bird theme. And I will be mailing yours out today. Thankyou Moosegirl
Old 05-13-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Molly, my Tree Grows in Brooklyn girl, adores Alice in Wonderland and all things fantastical!Isn't this swap fun?!
Ok here ya go. I had the most fun making this block. I only have to sew the little heart buttons the trees and its done. I think I might just send them with the block. All the outlines have been appliqued down, but the inside of the topiary trees will need to quilted when it's done to keep the fused roses down, and then sew on the hearts. On the english trees I did for a paris inspired quilt and used a small stipple stitch to keep them down. I hope you like it.
R
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-196523.jpe
Views:	150
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	196529  
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 AM

Molly is going to be thrilled! You printed on plain fabric from the computer? Wow, I have not tried that! TY! Your pk is in the mail. I hope Cathy Sue likes the ginger. If not, mince it & toss it in a bottle of vodka!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:15 AM

Look what I got in the mail today from abonda. Andrea, I just love them. That circle one is just the greatest.

Isn't this just beautiful
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196553[/ATTACH]

pretty pretty pretty
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196554[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-196547.jpe
Views:	22
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	196553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-196548.jpe
Views:	18
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	196554  
Old 05-13-2011, 12:46 PM

pictures of blocks I made for Blanketyblankets. just the two green stars. Red/White and blue is for club.

Name:	Attachment-196562.jpe
Views:	150
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	196568  
Old 05-13-2011, 01:31 PM

Molly is going to be thrilled! You printed on plain fabric from the computer? Wow, I have not tried that! TY! Your pk is in the mail. I hope Cathy Sue likes the ginger. If not, mince it & toss it in a bottle of vodka!
I could use a ginger vodkatini right now. But the good news is it sunny and nice in WA State.
You can get cream or white fusible fabric sheets for an inkjet printer and it will print photos, clip art and fuse it to the block and it is awesome.
Will be getting the blocks out today or monday pending if Cathy gets up from her nap before the PO closes.
I am so glad you like them.
This was really fun
R
Old 05-13-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
I could use a ginger vodkatini right now. But the good news is it sunny and nice in WA State.
You can get cream or white fusible fabric sheets for an inkjet printer and it will print photos, clip art and fuse it to the block and it is awesome.
Will be getting the blocks out today or monday pending if Cathy gets up from her nap before the PO closes.
I am so glad you like them.
This was really fun
R
You do great work. Looks look great.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:49 PM

Fabulous block, Andrea. Lucky Florence, those colors are beautiful! But I'm not jealous -- that pattern was the first block I received in Sept when I joined, and Andrea was my assigned partner. She is the one who spured me on to curved piecing.
Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Look what I got in the mail today from abonda. Andrea, I just love them. That circle one is just the greatest.