Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Self portrait  Mug Rug Swap #1  completed >

Self portrait Mug Rug Swap #1 completed

Self portrait Mug Rug Swap #1 completed

Old 05-16-2011, 05:35 AM

This is my Mug rug. As I am a full figured woman, (sounds better than fat.) I over sized mine. Love flowers, sewing, out doors (green) I am a scrappy person who does her own thing.

I can't get my picture to upload!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:39 AM

lets try again still didn't go through
Old 05-16-2011, 06:37 AM

here is my self portrait,
I cut up a thrift store find silk jacket, I love thrift stores and recycling & I really love silk!
The background raspberry swirl and black tone on tone on the face and the lips are cotton. You will very seldom see me use a solid color in any of my work. Patterns and texture are very important to me. The eyes are silk with fabric paint markers in various colors, the lips are cotton with fabric markers defining them. I love painting and using mixed mediums, I was an art major in college. The eyelashes are silk that I have pulled the threads out of. The earring is a button. Usually the only jewelry I will wear. The hat is also silk, and I do wear hats on occasion. The silk leaves as hair represent my love of nature and gardening. The two sided face represents my analytical mind, I tend to see things in black and white, no gray. The closed mouth represents my need to listen. The eyes represent my thankfulness in being able to see God's creations. Last but not least my desire to do this swap was inspired by my need to learn more about members on this board. After this swap I feel that we are part of a select brave and inspiring group. I'm thankful and honored to have you participate. Terry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-197747.jpe
Views:	122
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	197753  
Old 05-16-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mona Marie
This is my Mug rug. As I am a full figured woman, (sounds better than fat.) I over sized mine. Love flowers, sewing, out doors (green) I am a scrappy person who does her own thing.

I can't get my picture to upload!!!
Mona, after you browse for the picture and open it, then just send. If you preview, the picture will not come through.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:16 PM

I posted under Self Portrait Mug Rug photo's with explantion...so won't repeat just post photo here
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-197921.jpe
Views:	129
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	197927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-197922.jpe
Views:	124
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	197928  
Old 05-16-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by zjsquiltymomma
luckylindy, I LOVE your mug rug!!! I'm so lucky to be the one receiving it. :) You are so creative!!

Dotty, I also LOVE yours!! I love the weaving and all the detail!
Thanks! I love making mug rugs, would sit and do them all day long if I did not have any other projects going (and did not work full time)! I hope we keep up the mug rug exchange...
Old 05-16-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant
here is my self portrait,
I cut up a thrift store find silk jacket, I love thrift stores and recycling & I really love silk!
The background raspberry swirl and black tone on tone on the face and the lips are cotton. You will very seldom see me use a solid color in any of my work. Patterns and texture are very important to me. The eyes are silk with fabric paint markers in various colors, the lips are cotton with fabric markers defining them. I love painting and using mixed mediums, I was an art major in college. The eyelashes are silk that I have pulled the threads out of. The earring is a button. Usually the only jewelry I will wear. The hat is also silk, and I do wear hats on occasion. The silk leaves as hair represent my love of nature and gardening. The two sided face represents my analytical mind, I tend to see things in black and white, no gray. The closed mouth represents my need to listen. The eyes represent my thankfulness in being able to see God's creations. Last but not least my desire to do this swap was inspired by my need to learn more about members on this board. After this swap I feel that we are part of a select brave and inspiring group. I'm thankful and honored to have you participate. Terry
Wow, Terry, that is very cool! I love your explanation- I am going to have to go back and read it again. What a great idea to start this swap to learn more about the members, and I will add that it is a chance for us to become closer... I hope we do another so I can take the chance to be braver in my pattern and color choices and do more free-handed!!! Thanks, Linda
Old 05-17-2011, 04:12 PM

time to post pictures.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant
time to post pictures.
YIKES!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:39 PM

I have posted & sent info by PM to my partner. :-D
So many beautiful ones !! :-D