Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 05-16-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by fantomdiva
i have had him, Murphy, for almost 11 yrs now. He is 13 yrs old and so lovable. Thanks and Murphy is waving hello
Murph, waving back atcha!

I have always had cats & never thought to try a bird with one. A friend from the prison used to tell stories of her sis's bird torturing the cat. Would call, "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty."
The cat would come running & the bird would dive-bomb the cat! Over & over & over, again & again! We'd laugh so hard, we were crying as I could just see the bird & cat!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:10 AM

Thanks for all the warm fuzzies everyone! It sure helps to know that when i get to a problem, i have a ton of talented and super people to help me out. Wishing i had found you all years ago!!!!

Blessings from rainy Delaware!

Maureen
Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
i have had him, Murphy, for almost 11 yrs now. He is 13 yrs old and so lovable. Thanks and Murphy is waving hello

I have always had cats & never thought to try a bird with one. A friend from the prison used to tell stories of her sis's bird torturing the cat. Would call, "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty."
The cat would come running & the bird would dive-bomb the cat! Over & over & over, again & again! We'd laugh so hard, we were crying as I could just see the bird & cat!
I had cats too for a long time, although i dont have any now. My cats would climb up on the top of my bird cages ( i have two parrots) and take their naps. The birds just accepted them as a part of the family. Although Bandit, my african grey parrot, would call my cats by name, and when the cats got close enough he would go WOOF and make them run away. And then he would laugh an evil laugh! Always an amusement!

maureen
Old 05-17-2011, 08:23 AM

One of my niece's in-laws used to have an Amazon parrot and a dog [Bubba] among other animals... parrot would ask for an oreo and yell "bubba ..cookie!" at the top of it's lungs. He would lick the middle out of the cookie as toss the chocolate cookie part to Bubba! Hilarious!! I saw it at least a dozen times and tried to convince them a few years ago to enter a video of it to Americas funniest or Nabisco[?] actually had a contest for Oreo commercial with $$ award but they refused cuz they were embarrassed ?!?! [could I do it and say they were mine???...nope]
Old 05-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Power Poster

Those sound like hilarious bird antics!!! The only bird I have gotten close to was a friend's African grey and I didn't know that he hated the color red. I had on red nail polish and went to pet him..... BAD BIRD!!!! OUCH!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

I had cats too for a long time, although i dont have any now. My cats would climb up on the top of my bird cages ( i have two parrots) and take their naps. The birds just accepted them as a part of the family. Although Bandit, my african grey parrot, would call my cats by name, and when the cats got close enough he would go WOOF and make them run away. And then he would laugh an evil laugh! Always an amusement!

maureen
dang...you got me laughing now...and I've had caffeine...a diuretic! :shock:
Old 05-18-2011, 05:46 AM

dang...you got me laughing now...and I've had caffeine...a diuretic! :shock:[/quote]

Sorry Mousie. NOT! LOL :XD:
Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 AM

One more bird story. My cousin in NC has an African Gray named Skylar. I was on the phone with the cousin when I heard the bird saying, "Bad dog! Baaaaaad dog!!!!". I guess whenever the dog comes close to the cage, the bird says that and the poor dog hunkers down like he's in trouble. I knew birds were smart, but I had no idea until Skylar came along.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:52 AM

Inever appliqued either but this is alot of fun glad you decided to join have fun
Old 05-18-2011, 01:08 PM

i have appliqued some wallhangings and i loved doing it, but i realized after reading someone's post, and i cant remember who's, to turn under no more than an 1/8" at a time. This is a really awesome tip because i tend to turn under too much and it can look really raggedy. So now, i am back to needle turn, rather than fusible. LOL.
perhaps i will have my mind made up by the last block, and actually i may mix the two techniques as i think so blocks would look nice with fusible applique.
I hope everyone is having a great day and keeping out of bad weather!
Hugs and blessings,
Maureen