Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Laminate floor in sewing room >

Laminate floor in sewing room

Laminate floor in sewing room

Old 05-20-2011, 07:39 AM

I have laminate flooring in master bedroom,2 hallways and my kitchen. I love it. It is so easy to take care of.
Wolflady
Old 05-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

Mine is from Home Depot (don't remember the brand) in a meduim oak color and I love it. I've dropped heavy scissors, run over pins with rollers from chair and not a scratch or dent.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:51 AM

Luv mine ... Have laminated bamboo throughout
My whole condo
Old 05-20-2011, 07:54 AM

I have the laminate through my house except the bedrooms. It was here when we bought the house 3 years ago. I love,love, love it . Easy to see the pins I drop and the best thing is I can roll my chair from my computer,to my sewing table to my cutting board to my ironing board. Yes it would be better for me to get up and down but I am lazy! The only problem I have is getting them to shine. We have tried everything from Future wax, to stuff just for them and nothing will get a good shine on them.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:02 AM

I don't have laminate, some of my children do. I talked to my son the other day who does construction work, he had just installed some laminate in a kitchen that they purchased at Costco. He was very impressed with the quality. He liked it better than what he had just put in his own kitchen. I really like the look and easy care of laminate in their homes.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jory
I found something that is cheaper than laminate, impervious to water, easy to install. It's called resilient vinyl flooring, the name brand is "Allure," and it's at Home Depot. It can be a DIY project: about $2.30/sq ft. All kinds of patterns, too: wood, tile, etc. I installed an oak finish in my basement, and it looks fantastic!

The planks already have the backing attached: you can install it right over concrete or underlayment.

Jory
We recently replaced the flooring in our kitchen, dining room and the small hallway that connects them with vinyl flooring and love it. It's as easy to clean as the Prego flooring in our TV room. The vinegar and water clean up works on both flooring. We chose vinyl that comes in a roll and it looks just like a stone floor. Didn't choose Prego laminate again as kitchen cabinets are oak and I didn't want to have too much of a wood look in the kitchen.

I also like the look of ceramic but hate to stand on it as I always am afraid of slipping on that kind of flooring. Have ceramic in bathrooms and always make sure I'm standing on the bathmat or throw rug when I'm in them. May
Old 05-20-2011, 08:11 AM

I have wood laminate in the sewing room. It’s easy to clean and easy to find a dropped pin too. I don’t remember the brand.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:16 AM

Plan to change the flooring in my sewing from carpeting as soon as I can afford it. This posting has been very informative. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:33 AM

i ave the floating laminate flooring in my sewing room and love it i would rather sweep the floor than vacumn it , but i do be careful when i am spraying starch on my material , so i dnt get it all over the floor
Old 05-20-2011, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

I have sheet laminate and love it. Easy to clean and I can hear the pins when they fall.