Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Laminate floor in sewing room >

Laminate floor in sewing room

Laminate floor in sewing room

Old 05-20-2011, 08:53 AM

Just put Allure in my sewing room and love it musch better than the laminate in my kitchen. Since water doesn't bother it I might install it in my bathrooms.

Linda
http://tnt512.blogspot.com/
Old 05-20-2011, 08:57 AM

We replaced carpet with engineered hardwoods a couple of years ago in our living areas. It is glued down, so there is no problem with the sound as with laminate. Wish we would've done the bedrooms at the same time.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by sherriequilts
I may be moving to a house with sedillo tile throughout except for the master bedroom which has laminate wood flooring. I am wondering about having my piano on the tile and my treadle machines on the laminate. Anyone have any experience with these floors. Thanks.
I have a 180 Gallon aquarium in my Family Room a lot of weight. No harm done to my laminate floor. In my sewing room which has the same laminate wood look floor a treadle but it does have metal rollers on its legs so I put a protective plastic plate with felt in the middle just for furniture.. works perfectly.. I have ceramic Tile in kitchen and part of family room
it takes a beating and looks beautiful.. Just be sure if you have metal rollers on your treadle to put protection under them..may possible scratch floor. Hope this helps
BillsBonBon
Old 05-20-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Slow2Sew
We replaced carpet with engineered hardwoods a couple of years ago in our living areas. It is glued down, so there is no problem with the sound as with laminate. Wish we would've done the bedrooms at the same time.
I have what is called floating floors... concret floor,Pad under the laminate..have a very large family room and my sewing room concrete floor, in the same laminate. I have no problem with noise of any kind. The rest of the house has original real hardwood, most with carpet. Gonna pull all carpet in a few more months have it sanded and shellaced..Diningroom already has this I love it. Now the floors in some places do squeak and move a little..hubby says He has to go under and do something before it is sanded.. Will be so Glad the wood is beautiful when done this way.. Bill'sBonBon
Old 05-20-2011, 09:19 AM

We have laminate flooring in 2 or the kids bedrooms and in our kitchen. Has been in the kids rooms for 5 years with no problems. Someday we want to remodel and put tile in the kitchen but the old floor to so disgusting I couldn't stand it. Bought the laminate that was on special, very cheap, at home depot. Put the roll out foam underlay under it and we love it. Easy to clean and looks so much better then the on linoleum.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:48 AM

I have laminate flooring in my studio and I LOVE IT. I use a Shark Steam Cleaner on all my floors and it simply shines. The threads and scraps of fabric are so easy to get up and I just go over it when I come out of there with a Swiffer Sweeper. It is the easiest floor to keep nice and the look is great. Not sure what Brand they put in there though
Old 05-20-2011, 10:05 AM

We put in laminate flooring in our kitchen and dining area a year ago and absolutely love it. Easy to clean. We bought ours at Home Depot and spoke with a very knowledgable employee there. Our flooring has a padding underneath which buffers any echoing sounds. We went with the 25 year guarantee on the laminate and put it directly on the concrete slab. Bottom line is we love it and wished that we had done the whole house-maybe someday.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:19 AM

I have laminate too - a nice cherry colour from Home Depot. It has a backing on it that must really help because I have no noise issues. It is so strong, I dropped a rotary cutter on it - no damage to the floor, but did dull the blade. Once you have laminate, get a big magnet for picking up pins - it works great!!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:07 PM

I have laminate(Pergo) in my bathrooms and have had them for 5 years. They are as beautiful as the day they were put down.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:12 PM

Got the laminate for my sewing room at Menard's, don't remember the brand name, but did get it on sale. I really like it. Have had it for a couple of years now, only complaint, is it's a little cold on bare feet in winter. But have learned to wear two pair of socks when in there sewing, so have warm feet and dusted floor at same time :) If we had put down a extra vapor barrier, it might have made a difference, don't know tho