Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Laminate floor in sewing room >

Laminate floor in sewing room

Laminate floor in sewing room

Old 05-20-2011, 03:59 PM

any kind is better than picking stuff off of and out of carpet. Running a dust mop is so much better than the vacuum.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:22 PM

we have the first generation pergo in the dining room... it's ugly, but indistructable... i've painted on it, used a razor blade & scrapped it off, i've dropped heavy stuff, no cracking... i'd love to have some of the newer prettier stuff.. i have old wood floors w/cracks btwn them where the pins fall....every...single.... time!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:43 PM

We put laminate in the living rm/dining room and down the hall. I really would like it in the bedrooms too. We got ours at Lowes, and our installers said to get the kind with the padding already attached. Easier to put in and fits better. I did have a problem for a while trying to figure out how to clean it without streaks...but finally realized it wasn't what I was washing it with as much as I now use microfiber clothes on it and it really looks great.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:20 PM

I have laminate in my sewing/craft room (was my son's bedroom before he left the nest). I LOVE it. It was whatever brand Lowe's carries -- 98 cents a foot. Very easy to install. I did it myself. It is so easy to care for. I have an office chair from IKEA that has wheels. I can push back from the sewing machine and turn around and the iron is right there. A few rolls to the right and I'm able to get to the cutting table. I thought maybe that was too lazy but it's fun scooting along on the smooth floor and I feel like I can work on projects so much more efficiently.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:29 PM

Have Tarkett from Menard's. Love the easy clean-up with swiffer and that I can roll my chair from machine to machine. Have had this 5 yrs. and no signs of wear. I agree about the underlayment. We went with Quiet walk under and it is.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Gramily
Am thinking of replacing carpet in my sewing room with laminate. if you have laminate, do you like it and what brand do you have? Thanks Emily
I only have a lino floor and it works out great for me, making cleanup a lot quicker when it comes to spilled pins, cotton threads and other litter on the floor.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
We just put some lovely flooring in our 3 front rooms of the house. Its beautiful. Its called TigerWood and we got it at Home Depot. The installers said it was the best flooring they had ever worked with. Usually there is at least one board in each box that is bad..They had 1 board out of all the boxes that was not usuable. They were very impressed and so am I. It doesn't have that laminate sound like some of them do. We put it on concrete..I hear that makes a difference. The name on the box is Legends ~ Diamond finish. Love Love Love it!
that is a beautiful floor!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:21 AM

I have laminate with the soft backing on it. Love it. I did change the wheels on my chair to ones that would not mar it.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by sherriequilts
I may be moving to a house with sedillo tile throughout except for the master bedroom which has laminate wood flooring. I am wondering about having my piano on the tile and my treadle machines on the laminate. Anyone have any experience with these floors. Thanks.
I had Mexican Sautillo tile for years in when I lived in Tucson. It is wondeful tile, but needs to be re-finished periodically. It's easy to refinish so it wasn't a problem.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:48 AM

I'm having my room done next week with luxury tile. It's suppose to be warmer than ceramic tile and easier for pets. I can't wait to get rid of all this "nasty" carpet.