Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 05-24-2011, 12:02 PM

:) :lol: :roll: :twisted: :P okey doke.... do you know how long it takes to read 147 of these pages because you're afraid you'll miss something?? Woohoo finally finished... If it would have continued any longer my DH would have been convinced I was having a real A O T H :shock:

now - should I read ALL of the other threads on our topic list?

wouldn't it be better if the photo pages were just photos?? I know the temptation is to comment on everything [me too] :cry: :oops:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
:) :lol: :roll: :twisted: :P okey doke.... do you know how long it takes to read 147 of these pages because you're afraid you'll miss something?? Woohoo finally finished... If it would have continued any longer my DH would have been convinced I was having a real A O T H :shock:

wouldn't it be better if the photo pages were just photos?? I know the temptation is to comment on everything [me too] :cry: :oops:
That was my suggestion with the Gallery - so Kathy set up a separate thread for comments on the Gallery, but some people still ignore that. I'm not sure if a moderator could move them - I thought it would be lovely to have just one thread for pics only, but perhaps you and I are the only ones.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

wouldn't it be better if the photo pages were just photos?? I know the temptation is to comment on everything [me too
:cry: :oops:
That was my suggestion with the Gallery - so Kathy set up a separate thread for comments on the Gallery, but some people still ignore that. I'm not sure if a moderator could move them - I thought it would be lovely to have just one thread for pics only, but perhaps you and I are the only ones.[/quote]

May I give a reason it is being ignored? Some of us have extremely slow computers that take forever to move. To look at a pic and then have to go somewhere else to comment about said pic takes too much time. And by then we've forgotten whose block or what we wanted to comment about. Sometimes it takes so long for me to even get a comment posted that I don't try. (Part slow computer, part ISP, ? part slowness of board) I've looked at all the blocks but rarely post a comment. I'm one of those who do not like to flip back and forth. Too confusing for this elder person.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:23 PM

Can a gallery be set up by a moderator who has sole power to add to the site?? That way those who dont want to comment can just look [but no touchy] there.

It's probably not important...
Monica
Old 05-24-2011, 02:31 PM

[quote=That was my suggestion with the Gallery - so Kathy set up a separate thread for comments on the Gallery, but some people still ignore that. I'm not sure if a moderator could move them - I thought it would be lovely to have just one thread for pics only, but perhaps you and I are the only ones.[/quote]

I don't know about anyone else... sew I will only speak for myself... but sometimes I get confused and caught up in what is being said and might post in the wrong place. For this ole gal, I think it does get confusing sometimes. IMHO, with long quoted replies for each post sometimes confuses * me*. If you think this is confusing, trying looking over on the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop posts; they're up to 1100+ pages and long, long quotes... if I think I get confused here... you should be in my little brain when I am on that site. LOL

:oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Its virtually impossible for there to be a thread on this QB without comments on it. I tried to do that for the Finished IRR2 quilts...that thread isn't overloaded with comments...however..it took me asking the mods to be rude and remove a few things. That doesn't seem right either.

I think that most of the commenting goes on this thread for the AOTH. We do get a little chatty on the separate block threads, but I think that when everyone gets started, each weeks thread will be the most active. At least I hope so...all 36 block threads, + this one, + the gallery + the gallery discussion thread are just tooo much!

But...I can't wait for the group to start!! I can't wait to see what you ALL decide on for your backgrounds!!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Have you visited the terrific Quilting Straits in Port Gamble, WA? Only been there once but it is wonderful. I have also ordered online from them. My DIL is so happy we discovered that shop since it is only 5 minutes from her place. She's not a seamstress/quilter (yet!) but she knows fabric is a lure for me... :-D
Linda, I love Quilted Strait. She used to be in Port Angeles, but then they bought a home in Port Gamble so moved their business there too. It's a wonderful store. Let me know if you're going to be around there. I'd love to meet you.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
I just caught up reading these posts. Let me say right now. NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING I have ever made is perfect. Quilts or anything else. We're all human. If you take the AOTH book and study the pictures of each block, something will jump out at you as not perfect. For instance, in block 21, the circle in the lower right flower is a little flat on one side. And in block 19, the gold embroidery is a little wobbly. Yet, Aie made a beautiful quilt and we all like it so much that we aspire to do the same.

I tried a small zigzag stitch using machine embroidery thread on my first block. Boy, does that embellishment look wobbly! Way more than Aie's. The next one I made was block 8 and I used a large satin stitch. I like that one. I've since ordered the Razzle Dazzle and am doing bobbin work. Since this is my first project doing bobbin work, I'm leaving everything just as it turns out. A learning process. This is also my first big hand appliqued project. I've done hand sewing on garments for years, but not on quilts or decor.

Just remember, you are your worst critic. Now, I'm off to attempt a Smith Island Cake. Eight layers on that baby and drizzled with a chocolate glaze. Gonna share it with my neighbors so I don't eat the whole thing!
Linda
applause from the paws, kitty...about the quilting and I'm really impressed with your restraint with an eight layered cake with chocolate glaze...oh,...I'm getting dizzy just visualizing/imagining a mouthful of that baby! mmm! :XD:
Old 05-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr

you took classes and had tons of training on when to speak and when to hold your tongue, lol...some of us: JUST CAN'T DO IT! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
maybe for a million fabric bucks...not sure :roll:
Old 05-24-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
I just caught up reading these posts. Let me say right now. NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING I have ever made is perfect. Quilts or anything else. We're all human. If you take the AOTH book and study the pictures of each block, something will jump out at you as not perfect. For instance, in block 21, the circle in the lower right flower is a little flat on one side. And in block 19, the gold embroidery is a little wobbly. Yet, Aie made a beautiful quilt and we all like it so much that we aspire to do the same.

I tried a small zigzag stitch using machine embroidery thread on my first block. Boy, does that embellishment look wobbly! Way more than Aie's. The next one I made was block 8 and I used a large satin stitch. I like that one. I've since ordered the Razzle Dazzle and am doing bobbin work. Since this is my first project doing bobbin work, I'm leaving everything just as it turns out. A learning process. This is also my first big hand appliqued project. I've done hand sewing on garments for years, but not on quilts or decor.

Just remember, you are your worst critic. Now, I'm off to attempt a Smith Island Cake. Eight layers on that baby and drizzled with a chocolate glaze. Gonna share it with my neighbors so I don't eat the whole thing!
Linda
Wish I was your neighbor :mrgreen: