Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • WaMart >
  • WaMart

• WaMart

Old 05-25-2011, 09:50 AM

I live in San Antonio and not all of the Walmarts have fabric. One near me never lost it but doesn't carry a lot of it still and the other took it out but hasn't gotten it back in and no one seems to be able to tell me if they are going to get it back. They did bring back sewing machines and a few notions but that is it at least so far.
    Old 05-25-2011, 11:14 AM

Thanks for the tip. I usually shop at Eastern & Patrick or Nellis & Boulder Hwy. But when I'm out running around & see a Walmart I usually stop in to see if they have fabric. I'll check out the one on Serene. Have you found any others besides that one?
    Old 05-25-2011, 11:52 AM

the Walmart on Marks st in Henderson has a small fabric dept. the clerk didn't think it would be expanded (bummer). have never shopped at the Eastern & Serene Walmart - will have to check it out.
    Old 05-25-2011, 12:30 PM

Someone said on another message she was told all Walmarts will have fabric by end of July
    Old 05-25-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by jshorty
    Thanks for the tip. I usually shop at Eastern & Patrick or Nellis & Boulder Hwy. But when I'm out running around & see a Walmart I usually stop in to see if they have fabric. I'll check out the one on Serene. Have you found any others besides that one?
    Read my post again. I think there are 2 on Craig Rd. I go to the one that is closest to Nellis Air Force Base. :D
    Old 05-25-2011, 04:46 PM

you can always order the fabric on the walmart website and have it shipped to the store near you for free.
    Old 05-25-2011, 05:05 PM

The Walmart on Centenniel has fabrics too. But, when I called to see if they were doing the block of the month, the girl who answered said they'd never heard of it! (so I'm not sure how big their selection is) I too have chased all over town to try and find fabrics. Thanks to all you Vegas quilters for the locations! I sure wish they would put more fabrics in more stores. And, then TELL us which ones have a more complete fabric department!
    Old 05-25-2011, 11:38 PM

Thanks I'll try that one too. I got e-mail from Fabric Boutique Quilt store (Decature & W Charleston) Big Sale this weekend.
    Old 05-26-2011, 02:27 AM

Hey Everybody...just keep calling and calling and calling again and let WalMart know that the fabric and craft department is important!! I hope that is the reason that they did not shut down ours!!
    Old 05-26-2011, 03:14 AM

I have emailed Wal Mart.. got a generic response. Here is the phone number for corporate office. I plan to call today and inquire as to their plans to return fabric to stores and see if there is a list of them, maybe mine will be one... Here is hoping!