Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If You Could Relive One Special Moment....... >

If You Could Relive One Special Moment.......

If You Could Relive One Special Moment.......

Old 05-31-2011, 08:55 PM
Power Poster

What would it be?

Mine would be the first time I held my first born child and looked in her eyes and felt that emotion welling up so strong and realizing how much I loved her and how proud of her I was.
and still am!

So what would yours be?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:56 PM

I am too tired to really think about this but I think I would have to agree with your reply!!!

Also holding my grandson for the first time when he was only 90 min old about 16 days ago was pretty darn special!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:27 PM

That day when I looked up into my DH's eyes as the preacher said 'I now pronounce you man and wife" and then the second special moment was when the doctor handed me my newborn baby. Those moments will always live in my memory.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:01 AM

Holding my granddaughters for the first time and the moment the Dr. told us my then 20 year old daughter was finally cancer free. Life is good.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:12 AM

Back when my beloved Bro & Sis were still alive.Thank God they knew how much they were loved.I tell my only Sis I love her....often.
Bro & Sis are thought about & missed....every day.Life happens & it's not always easy.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:48 AM

One of my fondest memories is when my daughter ws just a little thing and she held my face in her hands and told me how much she loved me and what a good mommy I was and how she was going to be just like me.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:04 AM

I now have 8 grandkids, but the day I remember most is when I went with my middle child for her ultrasound and the tech asked us if we wanted to know the sex, we said "yes" and she said "there are two of them". All I could think was "two what?" And that was my question. to which she said "two babies". My DD sat strait up! I didn't think she could do that as big as she was. The next would be when we were on a trip to Flagstaff, AZ with entire family at a camping reunion. DDIL went with doctors blessing. Dakota was born in Flagstaff 5 weeks early. Went camping the next night!! That was another funny story, well now it is funny. We spent the night in Durango Co, while she was in hospital cause she was not feeling good, so we stopped to have her checked out. Dr there was livid that we were on a trip with her and insisted we turn around and go home. Well, it was 2 days back through the mountains, or 1/2 day into Flagstaff, so we went to Flagstaff. She was sleeping in my DDads camper, he traded her for the tent they brought! She asked me to walk to the bathroom with her. A comment made during that visit lead me to having DS RUN jfor the car. Dakota arrived about 15 min after we got to the hospital!!!!! Two adventures that I will always remember and relish. Though DDIL's mom will prob never forgive me, as baby was almost 2 weeks old before she got to see him.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:06 AM

LIFE DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! The above mentiond DGS had cancer 3 years ago. We celebrate with each dr. visit that shows him cancer free! He will be 9 next month.
Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
Holding my granddaughters for the first time and the moment the Dr. told us my then 20 year old daughter was finally cancer free. Life is good.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:08 AM

Those are the moments that came to my mind also. Those are the two moments I could relive over and over again.

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
That day when I looked up into my DH's eyes as the preacher said 'I now pronounce you man and wife" and then the second special moment was when the doctor handed me my newborn baby. Those moments will always live in my memory.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda
What would it be?

Mine would be the first time I held my first born child and looked in her eyes and felt that emotion welling up so strong and realizing how much I loved her and how proud of her I was.
and still am!

So what would yours be?
Me too!