Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
40% more ....hmmmm......of what??? >

40% more ....hmmmm......of what???

40% more ....hmmmm......of what???

Old 06-02-2011, 09:45 AM

I just got a package of pecan pieces and when I brought it home and put it next to one I bought last fall, the new one was 6 ounces and the old one was 9 ounces!! And both the same price!! That is quite a difference.

Some coffee cans are now down to 11 ounces. You can still get 1/2 gallons of ice cream, usually the store brand. I was ticked off when I got some name brand (I thought) "ice cream" and it turned out to be "frozen dessert" or some such mess. One of the main ingredients was whey -- bleccchhh! I did get some nice coupons when I complained however.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Maybe if these companies would stop spending millions of dollars on advertising then they could bring the prices down to a reasonable cost. What idiot thinks it is a good idea to spend 10 million to advertise during the super bowl half time and then raise the prices.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM

I use to do resets in grocery stores and it has been happening for a long time. Smaller size still the same price. Now its smaller size for more money.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 AM

and how about mayo? they cut it to 30 oz instead of the 32 oz it has always been, but still charged the same price. since then it has gone up and up. about double the price now. are those golden yolks made of real gold?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 AM

its just to full the costumer and for the companys have more money in there pocket like they dont make enough anyways . its just dissapointing to me . so cusomer be aware
Old 06-02-2011, 10:29 AM

Speaking of more is less and cost more... I use to buy the "brand" name dishwashing detergent = cost $8.... well, I have started rinsing (washing all food off) and switch to store brand that cost $2.50.... I only fill ONE cup and run on NORMAL cycle...
Several advantages
1. Less cost of soap
2. Less use of energy/water
3. My dishes do not have that soap etching on them anymore because of excess soap.... I like my glasses to be clear not cloudy.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Glenda m
Originally Posted by moonrise
If they don't stop making the rolls of toilet paper narrower and narrower, I may as well use a roll of ribbon instead! :shock: :evil: ;-)
The tp I buy has gotten 1/4" shorter. I had the two paper tubes to compare..and I KNOW 1/4 when I see it! LOL
Have you noticed the cardboard tubes are larger which helps "over dispense" what you need. I crush the tube as it doesn't roll so fast.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:41 PM

Remember when a gallon of ice cream was a gallon?
Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by eastermarie
About the TP. I called the company number on the package and complained about the width of the roll being 1/4-1/2 inch narrower. I told them as an adult, my butt hadn't gotten narrower and now it takes more paper. They said it was a decisions to try to keep from raising cost by trimming the size of the roll. They did send me several 55 cent coupons off for my future purchases.
But indirectly they did raise the cost because you use more. That's the line they've been tauting all along. It's a way of hiding rising costs.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
Yep....Mars bars were sooo much bigger when I was a kid.
and here(USA) they were a NICKLE or 6 for A QUARTER--ahh the 60's where are you???