So disappointed

Old 06-16-2011, 10:48 AM

I'm so sorry. I know what it means to me to see my daughter and grandchildren, who live about the same distance away, and I know you must be devastated. :-(
Old 06-16-2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
tell hubby that if you dont have enough time with your family this year you will be forced to host it next year.
Now THAT ought to do it !! :roll:
Old 06-16-2011, 10:59 AM

Please see if you and the boys can go early with a family member and then ride back with your husband. Surely he could not disagree with that. Or you could drive and follow a family member up there and follow your husband home. You really need to go. Tell your husband that you love him and wish he could go with you but you really need to spend time with your family. Good luck.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by fktsewing
Ok, call your brother and mother and father and see if they are going ---tell them you wish to go also.
If this is not feasible, then I agree---tell hubby that next year you are going to host it so you can see everyone. If you and your boys were going in the first place, why can't you go now?
I hope you make it.
My thoughts exactly! YOU NEED TO GO. It's important that YOU go, as previously planned and your sons need to go too, to see their relatives! Too many families are spread far apart these days and younger generations grow up not even knowing their cousins etc
Your husband isn't being fair - YOUR plans matter too! Life is short and you don't want to regret not going. Arrange to ride with your parents/ brother or caravan along with them. :)
Old 06-16-2011, 11:09 AM

You are over 21 and you have a driver's license. Pack up the kids, pack a cooler, jump in that car and head to the reunion, without your husband. He doesn't know what he is missing. Life is way too short. I did it for years and I don't have any regrets. I still go with him and without him. He also gets his time to go on hunting trips. I think it's healthy to go your separate ways at times and have special time with the kids. That's my 2 cents.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:36 AM

My hubby always would refuse to do things with me and the kids. His friends, ok. He would say I work all week so I can have fun weekends with my friends, besides you have the kids and I usually got stuck babysitting his friends kids. I let him go with his friends, but the babysitting I put a stop to it. The kids and I have wonderful memories of our many adventures. Now that they are adults, I finally told them the truth..Uncle did not make the cookies. So I say go, the boys will the love the adventure and be sure to take lots of pictures. Next year, hubby will reconsider going, you'll see.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:40 PM

Honestly, this is 2011. Women can even vote!!! Ohio to Kentucky is virtually next door. I have driven cross country several times with just my kids. Put on your big girl panties and be off. If he is old enough to be away from his mommy, he can live without you for a few days.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:43 PM

Try to think of it this way......you may look back on this at a future time and say, "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, so THAT'S why it turned out that way!!!!!!!!!" So often we don't realize why something has to happen, even if it disappoints us, in order for something good to take place in the future. Have faith and trust that there is a bigger and better plan.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 PM

I like her answer better than mine, LOL

Originally Posted by vivianv
Honestly, this is 2011. Women can even vote!!! Ohio to Kentucky is virtually next door. I have driven cross country several times with just my kids. Put on your big girl panties and be off. If he is old enough to be away from his mommy, he can live without you for a few days.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:57 PM

...hubby called me every day asking me to come home (I went on a Wed came back on Sun)

I can see calling every day, but when he knows you are with your family and you only get to see them once a year, why would he keep asking you to come home? Is it a control issue? I think you need to go. The boys too if possible, I know your folks would want to see the grandsons! I do realize that jobs are scarce, but life is fragile, things happen. Do not let this be an "I should have gone" or an "if only I'd have known" moment in your life! Go, enjoy, return with a happy heart!