Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to display new Studio Color Wheel? >

How to display new Studio Color Wheel?

How to display new Studio Color Wheel?

Old 06-18-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by VickyS
Is it a heat fused laminate or clear contact paper type of laminate?

Heat fused is available at most print shops and is much stiffer than clear contact paper, but it does cost more and tends to last quite a bit longer than clear contact paper type laminate.

If you piece the laminate, one of two things will happen - you will not line up the pieces exactly causing an overlap or missing section. Overlap makes it extra stiff, missing section means a spot will eventually tear. It is the old time and cost vs convenience argument. How badly do you want it done now? Whatever you decide is the right answer, just be comfortable with your choice.
Having not worked with laminate bigger than wallet size before, I see there are definitely some potential problems here. I believe what I have is heat fuse laminate. It comes on a roll, purchased at WalMart eons ago - and I know it is not from Contac.

I really appreciate all the info you have shared with me here. Suddenly, I'm beginning to like the one side just fine. :lol: Sounds like it could be way more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks,
Old 06-19-2011, 04:02 AM

I was thinking about a poster frame. Would it be possible to buy 2 frames and make one reversible one from them. Then it could be hung and flipped back and forth as needed. Hope you find a solution.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:10 AM

Would it be possible to take it to an office store and have another one made and then they both can be displayed. Or you could frame it and put a hanger on both sides and you could just turn it over if needed.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:21 AM

I don't know how large this is but they sell plexiglass frames that you just slide your photo between the plexiglass. clips on the edges holds it together. Drill 2 holes for hanging and it would be nice and secure to hang.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
You can press it with a warm iron to get the creases out.
Ooh, thanks for this tip! :thumbup: I wondered about that, but was afraid to try...
I would for sure use a dry iron on a low temp. and prob. put a piece of blank newsprint or other white paper between iron and color wheel, before ironing.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:18 AM

A place called Country Curtains (www.countrycurtains.com) has a wrought iron curtain rod with a bracket on one side of the window and an arm that swings out so you can open windows and let more light in. It may not be what you want, but it may give you an idea.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:32 AM

Contact a store such as Kinkos and see if it can give you some suggestions.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by RuthV
I don't know how large this is but they sell plexiglass frames that you just slide your photo between the plexiglass. clips on the edges holds it together. Drill 2 holes for hanging and it would be nice and secure to hang.
Thanks for your idea. A quick look showed me that idea to be cost prohibitive. This poster is 28" square. Might be less costly to buy plexiglass at Lowe's or somewhere and rig one up myself if I wanted to.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by jbrother
A place called Country Curtains (www.countrycurtains.com) has a wrought iron curtain rod with a bracket on one side of the window and an arm that swings out so you can open windows and let more light in. It may not be what you want, but it may give you an idea.
Thank you. This is a fascinating idea. :thumbup: Folks here always have such great ideas!! :D
Old 06-19-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
You can press it with a warm iron to get the creases out.
Ooh, thanks for this tip! :thumbup: I wondered about that, but was afraid to try...
I would for sure use a dry iron on a low temp. and prob. put a piece of blank newsprint or other white paper between iron and color wheel, before ironing.
Thanks so much. :thumbup: